Escobar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Escobar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Escobar

Postby Yoda » Sat May 06, 2006 5:59 pm

is this guy for real? First a split nail. Then a blister. Now his leg? This is all within the first 5 weeks of the season. Unbelievable.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Sat May 06, 2006 6:19 pm

the leg is just bad luck, there isn't that much he can do about getting hit like that.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Mr Irrelevant » Sat May 06, 2006 8:33 pm

I'm just prayin' its 6 weeks or less.
Mr Irrelevant
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mugrila » Sat May 06, 2006 9:13 pm

6 weeks? rotoworld is reporting he probably won't even miss his next start.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby rainman23 » Sat May 06, 2006 9:50 pm

Mugrila wrote:6 weeks? rotoworld is reporting he probably won't even miss his next start.

I'm thinking he's kidding. But I could be wrong.

Escobar pitched great today. I'm kicking myself because someone convinced me that the Jays were on fire, and I sat him. But anyway -- I winced when I saw how his game ended today. Not because I'm a shell-shocked Escobar owner, but because I'm a shell-shocked Cafe member. And I knew when I came here today I'd get to see some snide comments about Escobar, that delicate hot house flower. The guy's one of the most talented pitchers in the American league. And if he hadn't had a bunch of injuries over the years, he would be drafted every year way before I was ready to take him. Instead, I was able to pick him up in like round 20. I love it when guys like this develop this kind of reputation, because they become great bargains. Sure I hope he stays healthy, but none of us should have spent so much on him that he deserves to have abuse piled upon him. I love the guy!
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Secret Avatar » Sun May 07, 2006 10:41 am

This word is he is fine. He wanted to continue pitching after he got hit in the leg. They pulled him as a precaution. He had pitched a gem, was up 3-0, and had already thrown 90+ pitches. I think at most he'll miss one start.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby hersch223 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:47 am

He's fine, the ball hit him above the ankle. His foot went numb after the hit for a few mintues, that's why he left. I highly doubt he misses time.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
hersch223
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers