Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Sat May 06, 2006 2:20 pm

I'm no Bonds supporter, but I thought that was tasteless and rude. :-P
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DK » Sat May 06, 2006 2:35 pm

Why is this a great job? It's just idiotic Philly fans being idiotic Philly fans.

We've known all along Philadelphia fans are tasteless and stupid. Why prove it again? And why commend it? :-?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby smoovethug » Sat May 06, 2006 2:36 pm

Tasteless and rude?? They're just signs dude. Noone threw anything at him like in San Diego or Arizona. Everyone blasts Philly fans for when they boo Santa Claus or Irvin it's about time they get their due for being civilized.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby DK » Sat May 06, 2006 2:39 pm

smoovethug wrote:Tasteless and rude?? They're just signs dude. Noone threw anything at him like in San Diego or Arizona. Everyone blasts Philly fans for when they boo Santa Claus or Irvin it's about time they get their due for being civilized.

No, being civilized would be to not hurl rather ridiculous and stupid insults at a man who plays baseball, when he is paid to play baseball as a profession.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat May 06, 2006 2:41 pm

DK wrote:Why is this a great job? It's just idiotic Philly fans being idiotic Philly fans.

We've known all along Philadelphia fans are tasteless and stupid. Why prove it again? And why commend it? :-?

well obviously i believe bonds cheated the game. so i think he deserves all these jeers and more.

if you believe he didnt cheat then i can see how you disagree with this.

and to say the fans in philly were stupid(i can agree with you on seprate occasions) on this occasion is just not right. to have a guy in a fat suit in a bonds giants uni and a skinny fan in a bonds pirates jersey is just clever stuff. also those two chants,"just in-ject me" and "just re-ti-re", that's pretty good. most crowds cant past the "barry sucks" chant, which is just retarded.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat May 06, 2006 2:43 pm

DK wrote:
smoovethug wrote:Tasteless and rude?? They're just signs dude. Noone threw anything at him like in San Diego or Arizona. Everyone blasts Philly fans for when they boo Santa Claus or Irvin it's about time they get their due for being civilized.

No, being civilized would be to not hurl rather ridiculous and stupid insults at a man who plays baseball, when he is paid to play baseball as a profession.

yea and im sure the mets fan base gives gentle golf claps and sip tea when roger clemens digs in the mound at shea..
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DK » Sat May 06, 2006 2:47 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
DK wrote:

yea and im sure the mets fan base gives gentle golf claps and sips tea when roger clemens digs in the mound at shea..

Way to compare throwing a bat at a baseball player to something that's never even been proven, and even if it had been, has been grossly overstated. ;D If Bonds ever throws a bat at a player (a broken splintered one at that) I will be all over the boo Bonds bandwagon.

Is Giambi booed in every AL park? Does Rafael Betancourt get chants of "Please Retire?" Where are the banners trashing Alex Sanchez?

Double standard. :-t :-t
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Xtreemes » Sat May 06, 2006 2:47 pm

I have absolutely no problem with any of this. Fans are allowed to boo or chant or bring signs, that is their right. They didn't throw anything on the field like has been done in other cities already. Just because you think Bonds is innocent doesn't mean other people can't have their own opinions and voice their displeasure at him. They have the same right to boo him as you do to cheer him.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Sat May 06, 2006 2:48 pm

Oh, and I agree. It takes a lot of creative juices to come up with the immortal "Please Inject Me" and "Please Retire" chants.

;-7
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers