Orvella just not putting it together. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Orvella just not putting it together.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Orvella just not putting it together.

Postby Zito is God » Sat May 06, 2006 1:32 pm

Orvella has been extremely shaky with his control thus far. Hitters figuire his pitches out easily and he does not K many anymore. I traded a good amount to get him in a dynasty and he is starting to remind me of Y.Brazoban.

Just think about it, both pitchers had huge potential, had fantastic K ratios and were expected to produce right away. They are, in a scary way, quite similar.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby klvrdude » Sat May 06, 2006 2:32 pm

I think a poor ST and being sent back to AAA should of been a warning.

I'm also not completely down with your Yhency comparison b/c Yhency actually had MLB success before being thrusted in to Gagne's replacement.....that was a big reason why the Dodgers felt comfortable trading Mota to FLA.

I'm still interested in seeing what happens with Justin Miller. He's a failed starter that the Rays acquired via the Jays and they are trying to convert him into a RP. This year in Durham he's pitched 7 innings and has 11 K's and 2 BB.
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby beezer » Sat May 06, 2006 5:03 pm

I have been stashing Orvella, but, I am going to drop him for Burgos. I know the save opps may be a little limited but I am desperate for a closer, hence the reason I have Orvella!! I am staying away from the Tampa closer situation. I could pick up Walker too but I read that he is going to share opps with Camp. I can't wait around for Orvella anymore.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby paiger » Sat May 06, 2006 5:56 pm

beezer wrote:I have been stashing Orvella, but, I am going to drop him for Burgos. I know the save opps may be a little limited but I am desperate for a closer, hence the reason I have Orvella!! I am staying away from the Tampa closer situation. I could pick up Walker too but I read that he is going to share opps with Camp. I can't wait around for Orvella anymore.

Don't think that any of the TB Closers are worth waiting for having waited on Orvella from his callup snathing off the WW to his post Yankee fiasco game 3 days ago when he was cast back from whence he came.

Got Otsuka ofr him but woulod have opted for Burgos if he wasn't available.
paiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers