Post Season Predictions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Post Season Predictions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:45 am

HOOTIE wrote:PRES Ortiz for mvp? So a guy can suck for 3 months (April-June), and be mvp? Ortiz was 29th in al in runs created, 68th in win shares, 6th on Redsox in win shares. A few game winning knocks can sure distort things.

oh come on now...let him have his fun...ortiz was on fire over the last 4 months. ortiz is HIS mvp. let him have it.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:57 pm

I am really likein' these ..

Goat Nachos and Coors Light
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1144)

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:05 pm

wrveres wrote:I am really likein' these ..

Goat Nachos and Coors Light

The Coors Light part sounds good. Not sure about the goat just yet. You try it first. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DK » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:31 am

Lol. :-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:34 am

I got the entire AL right but came up with zilch in the NL.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

Postby DK » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:57 am

better than none at all, pogo... ;-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PresHabib » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:47 am

HOOTIE wrote:PRES Ortiz for mvp? So a guy can suck for 3 months (April-June), and be mvp? Ortiz was 29th in al in runs created, 68th in win shares, 6th on Redsox in win shares. A few game winning knocks can sure distort things.

Hey come on dude, its only in my signature. Somebody had something about Mark Prior throwing 7 no hitters and 2 perfect games in their signature this year. I actually posted a while back that I was WELL aware that he wouldn't win the hardware. I hardly expect to hear SERIOUS consideration for him to be the MVP, so I won't really get into that...but what I WILL say in his favor is that his "value" to the sox is unmeasureable in numbers. He always got the big hit when they needed, no matter where he wound up in win shares or run created or wahtever...i just don't think numbers really say how important he is/was...whether I think he's the MVP...well hell, I'm not even sure what I think about that, but I still found it worthy to put in my signature ;-D
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:17 am

PresHabib wrote:

Hey come on dude, its only in my signature. Somebody had something about Mark Prior throwing 7 no hitters and 2 perfect games in their signature this year. I actually posted a while back that I was WELL aware that he wouldn't win the hardware. I hardly expect to hear SERIOUS consideration for him to be the MVP, so I won't really get into that...but what I WILL say in his favor is that his "value" to the sox is unmeasureable in numbers. He always got the big hit when they needed, no matter where he wound up in win shares or run created or wahtever...i just don't think numbers really say how important he is/was...whether I think he's the MVP...well hell, I'm not even sure what I think about that, but I still found it worthy to put in my signature ;-D

Pres, I agree with you. Look, Stark said Tejada, Chavez and Shannon Stewart were his frontrunners. Ortiz has a 100 times better case than any of those three: Tejada sucked for the first half--and I mean SUCKED!; Chavez can't hit lefties, still and had a rough first half; and Stewart was with the Blue Jays for the first half, and the move of Santana to the rotation was what propelled that team. Ortiz had so, so many clutch hits the last six months of the season it was silly.

That said, I'd vote for Arod.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PresHabib » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:12 am

Transmogrifier wrote: Pres, I agree with you. Look, Stark said Tejada, Chavez and Shannon Stewart were his frontrunners. Ortiz has a 100 times better case than any of those three: Tejada sucked for the first half--and I mean SUCKED!; Chavez can't hit lefties, still and had a rough first half; and Stewart was with the Blue Jays for the first half, and the move of Santana to the rotation was what propelled that team. Ortiz had so, so many clutch hits the last six months of the season it was silly.

That said, I'd vote for Arod.

Haha, hilarious finish to a good point. Thats a good point though, Jason Stark did say Shannon Stewart is his MVP and yeah,he was a BLUE JAY (a blue jay in the first half, while they still had a shot by the way). Though, I do think we can only say things like this because there really is no clear cut winner in the AL this year. Ortiz has a better shot than Stewart and will get his share of votes. Maybe people outside of Red Sox Nation don't see what we've been seeing every day since July, the ridiculous clutch hitting of a guy that my roomates and I affectionately refer to as "The Monster". (he is very monster-looking, dont you agree? :-D )

Again...doubtful he'll win it, but he's MY MVP, i LOVE Ortiz...Sox wouldn't have won a thing without him this year.

and....ahhhhh this is post 666 for me!!!!!
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:52 pm

PresHabib wrote:"I knew I hit that ball, and i turn to see my people and they say RUN!! And i say PSHT, I crush dat ball"

Lmao...i laugh every time i see that quote, and i've seen it about 40 times...just imagine the way he would say it, with a thick southern accent... "I ca-rush dat baull!" Lol. :-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers