Otsuka owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Otsuka owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AT » Sat May 06, 2006 8:53 pm

Best offer I got was Kenny Rogers for Otsuka and Adrian Beltre. Not enough if you ask me, and I like Kenny Rogers. I don't see why Buck will go back to Coco if they're winning and Otsuka is doing the job. Both of which are happening right now.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat May 06, 2006 8:57 pm

AT wrote:Best offer I got was Kenny Rogers for Otsuka and Adrian Beltre. Not enough if you ask me, and I like Kenny Rogers. I don't see why Buck will go back to Coco if they're winning and Otsuka is doing the job. Both of which are happening right now.

It is Showwalter. The man that went to Blackjack Mcdowell instead of Wetteland in the playoffs.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AT » Sat May 06, 2006 9:00 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
AT wrote:Best offer I got was Kenny Rogers for Otsuka and Adrian Beltre. Not enough if you ask me, and I like Kenny Rogers. I don't see why Buck will go back to Coco if they're winning and Otsuka is doing the job. Both of which are happening right now.

It is Showwalter. The man that went to Blackjack Mcdowell instead of Wetteland in the playoffs.

Let's try not to throw gas on the fire. This thread will approach the hottest chicks thread if we start rattling off Buck's questionable moves over the years. You got me there.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 'Roid Rage » Sat May 06, 2006 9:20 pm

I traded him and C.Patterson for Mark Mulder. I have 3 other closers where most other teams are lucky to have 2 and needed a starter and felt it was a good deal.
'Roid Rage
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AT » Sat May 06, 2006 9:28 pm

'Roid Rage wrote:I traded him and C.Patterson for Mark Mulder. I have 3 other closers where most other teams are lucky to have 2 and needed a starter and felt it was a good deal.

:-b Corey Patterson. Good deal I guess.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Red Stripe » Sat May 06, 2006 9:42 pm

I figure that as long as Cordero does decent in the setup role he'll get the mob back within a month.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Otsuka owners

Postby kemper5 » Sun May 07, 2006 12:48 am

It was not the ideal week for Otsuka to show he could handle the job, he did not get a ton of chances (1 or 2)? But I think Coco will be back soon and regain his position as their reliever
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Otsuka owners

Postby rainman23 » Sun May 07, 2006 12:57 am

kemper5 wrote:It was not the ideal week for Otsuka to show he could handle the job, he did not get a ton of chances (1 or 2)? But I think Coco will be back soon and regain his position as their reliever

He was in four games, and got three saves. I think Buck is starting to remember what it's like not to cringe when you send your "closer" in there.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Otsuka owners

Postby ThisOneGuy » Sun May 07, 2006 2:05 am

kemper5 wrote:It was not the ideal week for Otsuka to show he could handle the job, he did not get a ton of chances (1 or 2)? But I think Coco will be back soon and regain his position as their reliever

He had 2 save chances. 2 2/3 innings - 1 hit - 2K - 2S

I'm guessing you own Cordero.
ThisOneGuy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby norton17 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:36 am

I'm holding onto him.
When the best offers you can get are guys like R.Cano then you're better off just riding it out
norton17
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers