Not Sure Whether to Stand Pat or Look to Upgrade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Not Sure Whether to Stand Pat or Look to Upgrade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Not Sure Whether to Stand Pat or Look to Upgrade

Postby Rod_mang » Sat May 06, 2006 11:22 am

Thus far I've been hovering between 2nd and 5th place in my league. I'm really getting bleached this week. (The table might get run on me 11-0 unless my team really turns around these last 2 days.) I'm not panicing but I don't like the hint of a trend I'm seeing. I'd really appreciate any feedback on standing pat or not. I know some of my pitching could better but our WW is pretty lean on quality it seems.

p.s. I will try to offer return advice but frankly, I'm not sure if you'd want mine! ;-)

My team follows:
C I. Rodríguez
1B N. Johnson
2B C. Figgins
3B H. Blalock
SS C. Barmes
LF R. Ibañez
CF C. Granderson
RF B. Abreu
Util A. Dunn
DL D. Lee
BN C. Crisp (also on DL though)

Pitchers
T. Lilly
K. Escobar
J. Nathan
T. Jones
E. Bedard
R. Soriano
J. Francis
J. Verlander
D. Bush
M. Buehrle
R. Clemens (you know the deal on him-I'm gamblin')

Yahoo Head to Head, 12 teams
Scoring cats: R, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
Rod_mang
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Don G. » Mon May 08, 2006 10:27 am

Thanks for all the help on my team.

Looking at yours it's solid but here are some of the issues I see.

Blalock - He's playing well but honestly, I'm not a big fan of his. Have you thought about trying to upgrade? If Rolen is available I would consider taking a chance on him considering the lineup he's in.

Barnes - I reallly don't like him either. Is there anyone else available?

You have 2 studs with Figgins and Dunn. Dunn may get a lot of strikeouts but the way he produces that doesn't really matter. The guy has been on fire this year and I think he might have ended up being a steal depending on where you drafted him.

Pitching

Your staff is solid but not spectacular. The one thing you're really missing is a top pitcher. You've got solid guys playing but you should really try and get a standout guy. That might be a little out of reach as the Oswalts, Martinez and Santana's are problaby to high of an asking price. Keep an eye on Lilly. he's a good pitcher is a VERY DIFFICULT division to play in. You might be best suited trying to move him to someone who needs pitching. Maybe package him and barmes up and see what you can get, then pick up someone on the FA list. If Clemens comes back you're set.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Roy Hobbs » Mon May 08, 2006 12:47 pm

I agree with the above poster regarding Barmes, although I repectfully disagree on Blalock. ;-)

I think Nick Johnson is really overachieving right now and you might be able to sell him high. Package him with Barmes for a high tier SS and someone to hold your Util slot. You can slide Dunn to 1B and move Coco to the Util slot when he comes off the DL in a few weeks.

As for your pitching...think about spot starting, look for the good matchup and use them to your advantage.

I'd appreciate if you'd take a look at my team.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=201818
Roy Hobbs
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nakgxf » Mon May 08, 2006 12:58 pm

I think you will be looking A LOT better when Lee gets back, so you can take Johnson (who I agree is over acheiving) and packeage with Barmes for an SS. Then move Dunn to 1B and get an OF off the FA/WW list. There is usually some OF talent there.

Give me your opinion on my team if you please. See sig for the link.
nakgxf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rod_mang » Mon May 08, 2006 9:08 pm

Roy Hobbs wrote:I agree with the above poster regarding Barmes, although I repectfully disagree on Blalock. ;-)

I think Nick Johnson is really overachieving right now and you might be able to sell him high. Package him with Barmes for a high tier SS and someone to hold your Util slot. You can slide Dunn to 1B and move Coco to the Util slot when he comes off the DL in a few weeks.

As for your pitching...think about spot starting, look for the good matchup and use them to your advantage.

I'd appreciate if you'd take a look at my team.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=201818

Thanks for your feedback...I'll will look at your team in a few minutes. I pulled the trigger last night and dumped Ibanez and picked up Huff who was on our WW. I'll use him in RF, Dunn at LF and Abreau can be util for now. As for SS's this is who is available on our WW:

Cabrera
Counsell
Greene
Furcal
Hardy

To be honest I don't know any of them is really a step up from Clint (who is benching tonight ----ggrrrr....) but I probably need to do something, the man's been hitting bus fare thus far...
Rod_mang
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Rod_mang » Mon May 08, 2006 9:46 pm

You're welcome Don!

These are my WW options for SS:

Cabrera
Counsell
Greene
Furcal
Hardy

I agree with you on my pitching. I had Lowry but he got hurt singing the National Anthem so I dropped him eventually and went through a few guys before I settled on the crew I have now. I like the idea of Barmes and Lilly for an upgrade. I wish Clemens would make up his mind already!
Rod_mang
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team