Lidge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lidge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Thu May 11, 2006 8:47 pm

People probably should have had Wheeler a week ago.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chris_dubyuh » Thu May 11, 2006 8:50 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:Guardado and Cordero never had real closer stuff. Lidge has ace stuff, but is just off right now. Big difference.

I don't know about Eddie, but Coco throws HEAT and has a nice slider to go along with it, he was just off a little bit too, but look what happened to him...
chris_dubyuh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Thu May 11, 2006 9:59 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:
chris_dubyuh wrote::-o Do I try and break a deal for him for another closer? Is this the end of Brad Lidge? We've already seen Guardado and Cordero lose their jobs.

Guardado and Cordero never had real closer stuff. Lidge has ace stuff, but is just off right now. Big difference.

Doesn't matter if you are blowing saves. John Rocker had ace stuff. The only thing that matters is if you are blowing leads and Lidge definitely looks very shaky right now.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Zito is God » Thu May 11, 2006 10:12 pm

Yoda wrote:
tinfoilxtouch wrote:
chris_dubyuh wrote::-o Do I try and break a deal for him for another closer? Is this the end of Brad Lidge? We've already seen Guardado and Cordero lose their jobs.

Guardado and Cordero never had real closer stuff. Lidge has ace stuff, but is just off right now. Big difference.

Doesn't matter if you are blowing saves. John Rocker had ace stuff. The only thing that matters is if you are blowing leads and Lidge definitely looks very shaky right now.

Wow, Yoda and I agree for the first time, well, ever. I don't care what "stuff" you have if you can't get outs, blow leads, etc. I remmember when the Angels won the WS with small ball while everyone else preached how much "pop" their team's bats had. Herm Edwards said it best, "You play to win the game!".

BTW, John Rocker is one of my favorite players ever. No joke.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby brandnew » Thu May 11, 2006 11:20 pm

NO

DAN WHEELER

I picked him up for some cheap saves last week, and I get:

0.2 IP 4 H 4 ER

Trashed my ERA! :-t :-t :-t
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby johnsamo » Fri May 12, 2006 4:05 am

I'm betting its mechanical and temporary. I'm trying to buy Lidge low right now in a trade for a good closer on a mediocre team, Mike GOnzalez... It's a gamble, but if Lidge comes back, it's a major upgrade.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Fri May 12, 2006 4:19 am

While I was scared of Lidge, if you don't have him now, this is your best chance to get him cheap. I'm contemplating it. All I would give up for him is a closer like Burgos or Weathers at most.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 12, 2006 8:56 am

RynMan wrote:While I was scared of Lidge, if you don't have him now, this is your best chance to get him cheap. I'm contemplating it. All I would give up for him is a closer like Burgos or Weathers at most.

:-o i had an offer to Otsuka and Todd Jones on the table to the Lidge owner (he only has K-rod as his other closer) but pulled it after Lidge got yanked last night. i doubt he would have accepted anyway, but just in case...
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby tgalv » Fri May 12, 2006 9:15 am

Zito is God wrote:Hes tipping his pitches, plain and simple. I watched the game a couple of nights ago and he has a slight pause when delivering the ball, but that pause comes when he has taken the ball out of the glove already. He did not do that last year and hence hitters are getting a decent idea of what he is throwing. His slider is still filthy and extremely hard to pick up, even if he tips hitters has swung and K'd in that game, but with the obvious disadvantage he has been blown up. This is an obvious mechanics problem and he should work it out during these couple of days "off" with the pitching manager crew.

glad we have experts here that point out things their entire organization is unaware of.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri May 12, 2006 11:58 am

tgalv wrote:
Zito is God wrote:Hes tipping his pitches, plain and simple. I watched the game a couple of nights ago and he has a slight pause when delivering the ball, but that pause comes when he has taken the ball out of the glove already. He did not do that last year and hence hitters are getting a decent idea of what he is throwing. His slider is still filthy and extremely hard to pick up, even if he tips hitters has swung and K'd in that game, but with the obvious disadvantage he has been blown up. This is an obvious mechanics problem and he should work it out during these couple of days "off" with the pitching manager crew.

glad we have experts here that point out things their entire organization is unaware of.

Intelligent observers can sometimes catch things that organizations are missing. Especially with pitchers there can be minor imperfections with their delivery that aren't obvious to everyone that watches but explain their problems once you've diagnosed the issue (RJ's arm slot issues in April 2005 for example). It's obvious once you point it out but finding it in the first place is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers