For all of you who dislike Best Buy.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

For all of you who dislike Best Buy....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

For all of you who dislike Best Buy....

Postby dewey finn » Sat May 06, 2006 1:53 am

Linky

Read everything!! long but worth it! and watch the videos!

Sorry if it's a repost but I did do a search ("best AND buy")

Regarding the prank,

-I can't believe these Best Buy stiffs think they're above everyone...they have NO RIGHT to kick people out because they're wearing blue or because they seem to be connected somehow, even though they're lying. What's wrong with talking to "customers"? These guys in blue are just customers themselves. Are we not allowed to socialize with strangers at Best Buy?

Go to a best buy and start giving advice to some stranger...I wonder if one of those employees would bitch and moan to you about talking to THEIR customers. Plus, these guys TELL them up front that "they don't work here".

I like these quotes:

Shortly thereafter, several of the more official-looking employees were walking rapidly around the store saying, apparently for the benefit of the ears of all blue shirts they did not recognize, "...the cops have been called..." They said this as they walked by me, as if in the middle of a conversation, and I understand they repeated this again for others to hear. A clever strategy on their part, I thought.

Soon afterward some of our agents walked around passing this information along to their fellows in an under-the breath way. (It was suggested afterward that one thing we could have done is informed the regular customers of this fact, as well: "Just wanted you to know the cops have been called, so don't panic.")

Real BB employee: I'm gonna ask you to leave.
Asian dude blue: Why?
Real BB employee: There's just too many of you here.
Asian dude blue: What, Asians??

-They haven't broken any laws or anything so those policemen can't arrest them.

Anyway, these pranksters are great. I've just spent the last few hours or so reading and watching their other pranks. I like the U2 concert one.....("even better than the real thing"). Too bad I can't find a video of the entire performance. Cell phone sympony is funny too.
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Howie » Sat May 06, 2006 2:48 am

I dont dislike Best Buy but thats still hilarious. ;-D
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sat May 06, 2006 3:07 am

Wow that's hilarious. ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Sat May 06, 2006 3:14 am

Disclaimer: I have never worked for Best Buy, I don't know anyone who does, and I do not own any BBY stock outside of what might be held in a mutual fund.

These people are far bigger losers than the freaks that dress up at Star Wars and Star Trek shindigs.

They are in no position to invade a place of business that transacts tens of thousands on a daily basis. Sure, the intent was innocent enough as this was not a destructive mission by any means, but at the same time these jagoffs Inanely assume that the world revolves around them are posit zero consideration for the potential ramification of their actions and how it may project onto others and their view of the situation. I hope that at the very least someone raids their fridge without permission. And some of these retards need to work on their personal definition of royal blue. Hey Rico's twin sisters: turquoise is nothing like royal blue, good luck getting through life, your father is a failure.
Last edited by RugbyD on Sat May 06, 2006 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Pacman » Sat May 06, 2006 9:01 am

It's absolutely true that those folks have too much time on their hands, but I think it was a clever, funny prank that didn't break any laws and didn't hurt anyone.

Well done. ;-D
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Dolfin99 » Sat May 06, 2006 12:22 pm

:-D ;-D Nice
Dolfin99
Coffee Grinder
Coffee Grinder

Cafe WriterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterFootball ModLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Sat May 06, 2006 12:53 pm

Maybe I'm getting old, but I didn't find it funny. It was mildly clever, but also showed a complete lack of respect for the customers, employees, Best Buy and the police. By refusing to leave when they were asked, they knew the police would be called, yet they did it anyway. This to me is no better than pulling a fire alarm and having the fire department show up.

Don't get me wrong, I did some pretty stupid things too when I was younger, so I don't want to imply that i'm in any way better than they are. I just grew up. Hopefully, they will too.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat May 06, 2006 1:07 pm

RugbyD wrote:Disclaimer: I have never worked for Best Buy, I don't know anyone who does, and I do not own any BBY stock outside of what might be held in a mutual fund.

These people are far bigger losers than the freaks that dress up at Star Wars and Star Trek shindigs.

They are in no position to invade a place of business that transacts tens of thousands on a daily basis. Sure, the intent was innocent enough as this was not a destructive mission by any means, but at the same time these jagoffs Inanely assume that the world revolves around them are posit zero consideration for the potential ramification of their actions and how it may project onto others and their view of the situation. I hope that at the very least someone raids their fridge without permission. And some of these retards need to work on their personal definition of royal blue. Hey Rico's twin sisters: turquoise is nothing like royal blue, good luck getting through life, your father is a failure.

agreed
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat May 06, 2006 1:16 pm

i thought it was mildly funny, especially because i think customer service at best buy is really bad, but i also understand best buy's reaction. if a bunch of people come in dressed liked employees i would suspect they were up to something...they will either try to walk out with some merchandise or its a diversion for something else. at the very least there is the potential they do or say something that reflects negatively on best buy. what if one of the 'agents' misrepresented some facts about merchandise? the customer is going to demand that best buy be held responsible when they had nothing to do with it.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Sat May 06, 2006 1:41 pm

I don't think the store reacted inappropriately at all. What were they supposed to do? If I was them I'd assume the worst first and work my way down.

I think it was a harmless, interesting thing to do, but I also don't think the store guys overreacted about it.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk