Are the Cubs the absolute worst offensive team in MLB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Are the Cubs the absolute worst offensive team in MLB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Sun May 07, 2006 2:25 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Cubs:
Wed 1 run
Thurs 0 runs
Fri 0 runs
Sat 1 run

They have to be catching up fast.

Not really, it is the Royals they are chasing after all. If the Cubs can find a way to score negative runs, they have a chance of making up ground. But I would have to think the Royals lead is just too much to overcome.

Mon - 2 runs
Tues - 1 run
Wed - 1 run
Thur - 1 run
Fri - 5 runs !!!!!!!
Sat - 2 runs

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun May 07, 2006 3:08 am

Tavish wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Cubs:
Wed 1 run
Thurs 0 runs
Fri 0 runs
Sat 1 run

They have to be catching up fast.

Not really, it is the Royals they are chasing after all. If the Cubs can find a way to score negative runs, they have a chance of making up ground. But I would have to think the Royals lead is just too much to overcome.

Mon - 2 runs
Tues - 1 run
Wed - 1 run
Thur - 1 run
Fri - 5 runs !!!!!!!
Sat - 2 runs

what is your point. without dlee the cubs are different team. im not trying to be a jerk, just asking how you are comparing these two.

and wow im wasted
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun May 07, 2006 3:49 am

I for one without having read this whole thread, have never heard of cold April to mid May offensive statistics from the Cubbies throughout the early part of the season.

Even without a healthy Derrek Lee and a slumping Aramis, they are a far cry from the worst offense in baseball.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun May 07, 2006 4:13 am

Bukoski77 wrote:I for one without having read this whole thread, have never heard of cold April to mid May offensive statistics from the Cubbies throughout the early part of the season.

Even without a healthy Derrek Lee and a slumping Aramis, they are a far cry from the worst offense in baseball.

far cry?? whys that? youre in love with todd walker? ronny cedeno? im sorry, but the cubs without dlee are as bad offensivly as any team im the game.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun May 07, 2006 4:38 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Bukoski77 wrote:I for one without having read this whole thread, have never heard of cold April to mid May offensive statistics from the Cubbies throughout the early part of the season.

far cry?? whys that? youre in love with todd walker? ronny cedeno? im sorry, but the cubs without dlee are as bad offensivly as any team im the game.

LOL :-D , You leave my crush on Todd Walker out of this!!!! :-P

I'm just saying that Pierre started out the gate slow last year and will start getting on base again alot and soon like he did last year. History has shown that as the weather warms up the bats do as well every year for the Cubs, even if those players like Pierre didnt play there last season. I'm not saying they are in the top half of MLB or a good offense but they are a tier above the likes of the Royals to say the least.

Cubs offense a tier above the Royals offense = A far cry from worst offense in the league.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers