All Adam Dunn haters.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All Adam Dunn haters....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

All Adam Dunn haters....

Postby slayme31 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:26 am

Ok...let's all complain about his .200 BA....
and his K's...

But let's be reasonable here....
the guy is in the top 15 for total walks, and he's a homerun machine.
His BA has been the only big problem lately.

Over the last month, he's K'ed 17 times, and walked 22 times
His RBI issues has nothing to do with him. Cincy isn't scoring that many runs recently, and batting him 7th in that lineup makes no sense.
Out of his 307AB this season, he's only had 74 AB with RISP...
Jose Guillen has 68AB with RISP, in half the total AB's

the opportunities aren't there for him, and that's just plain luck.
Dunn has the ability to be a .270 hitter with 40 homer power and 100+ RBI's, along with 15 SB's....
sure, he whiffs like a mother, but Thome was the exact same when he was younger, look at him now.
slayme31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: All Adam Dunn haters....

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:40 am

slayme31 wrote:Dunn has the ability to be a .270 hitter with 40 homer power and 100+ RBI's, along with 15 SB's....

I agree he has the ability to do that. The thing is that he's not doing it. Ability does not score points. Production scores points. I have nothing against Dunn, so I don't hate him, but he really does not deserve a spot on a fantasy team. He's more of a detriment than an asset.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: All Adam Dunn haters....

Postby wrveres » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:06 am

Madison wrote:
slayme31 wrote:Dunn has the ability to be a .270 hitter with 40 homer power and 100+ RBI's, along with 15 SB's....

I agree he has the ability to do that. The thing is that he's not doing it. Ability does not score points. Production scores points. I have nothing against Dunn, so I don't hate him, but he really does not deserve a spot on a fantasy team. He's more of a detriment than an asset.

;-D Ditto!

Everybody almost ready for that July Update? Soon, real soon. And based upon his recently level of play ... Its gonna be real good to. I can't wait .
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby phunkadelic » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:32 am

Bring it on wrveres. }:-)

And I'll give you an August update when he hits 12 HR in that month alone. B-) Just needs to warm up. Just needs to warm up.
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:40 am

A home run machine? Wait a minute. While I don't have him (thankfully), IMHO, his low BA doesn't support 59 R, 25 HR, 49 RBI, and 8 SB's. Maybe he WAS a HR machine earlier in the season but that is long gone. A closer look at the numbers:

April HR's - 9
May HR's - 9
Since - 7

That is 7 home runs since May. A machine? I think not. For your benefit, I hope that he heats up but I seriously doubt it.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby slayme31 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:47 am

He's ranked 11th in homers on the season, despite having power drought. I consider that to be a homerun machine. He's only 1 off his total from last season, and he's done it in 250 less AB's

He has almost the same amount of runs as Mike Lowell, and more homers, walks, and SB's then A-Rod. Dunn's low BA gives him a low # of hits obviously, and his K's have been cut down drastically. RBI's are in direct relation to his teammates being able to get on base for him, and that hasn't happened.

For a guy that can hit 400+ foot homers, and draw as many walks as he does, i'm sure that BA will come up in the last bit of the season. Even if he does bat .270 durin that time, he'll only have an average of around .230...but his runs/hr/sb/bb/h/rbi will only go up. and really, I think I can live with a .230/95r/45hr/90rbi/15sb season with a K/BB ratio of 170/120.
slayme31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:03 pm

For your sake, I hope that they go up. It also depends on your league type but for the most part, you are banking on what he will do FROM THIS POINT ON. I am in a HTH league so it wouldn't matter to me what he DID. That is done. It's time to look for 2nd half production. If you think that he's your man, then keep him.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby wrveres » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:34 pm

phunkadelic wrote:Bring it on wrveres. }:-)

And I'll give you an August update when he hits 12 HR in that month alone. B-) Just needs to warm up. Just needs to warm up.

fair enough ... If Dunn hit 12HR in August ... you can post the update for August .. LOL ... But it must be all he stats. R's, SB's K's Rbi"s BB's you name it.
You see Madison? this is you all cannot delete the post, There is work still to be Dunn. (lol)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:55 pm

wrveres wrote:You see Madison? this is you all cannot delete the post, There is work still to be Dunn. (lol)

*sighs* Yes, you can bring that post out again. *roll my eyes* Lol. :-D I gotta give you a hard time about it though. :-D We're around 1800 registered users now! I'll let you educate them about Adam Dunn, I wouldn't touch him. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby tjhksig » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:52 pm

Guillen has HALF as many AB's as Dunn? Last I checked Guillen had 295, so he has what, 12 less? Even if you count plate appearances, it's still only 310 to 373....

Dunn owners are so desperate to justify this guy, it's ridiculous.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers