Jered Weaver - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jered Weaver

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jered Weaver

Postby beezer » Fri May 05, 2006 9:46 pm

It sounds like Colon is going to be out another month or two. There are grumblings that they are bringing up Weaver to join his older brother. Anybody have info??
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ZFever » Fri May 05, 2006 10:26 pm

Latest News

CBS SportsLine

The Los Angeles Daily News reports that Colon (sore shoulder) was scheduled to come off the disabled list Sunday, but he has barely played a game of catch in the outfield and he is not even close to throwing from a mound. "Progress has been a little slow but that's not unusual," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "I would say it's progressing at its own pace and we're going to keep it there. You can't increase the pace of this thing. You just have to be diligent. He has to be diligent in his exercises, which he is, and the treatment. As he sees improvement he'll get back out there and be able to throw the ball the way he can. It's just going to take as much time as it's going to take."
(Updated 05/04/2006).

FANTASY ANALYSIS
"There has been no definitive timeline other than to gauge the progress and see how his throwing program gets and when he can get back on the mound," Scioscia said. "But hopefully it's going to be on the short-term side than anything with a lot of length." It's possible that Colon could be out for another month or two. The team will continue to use Hector Carrasco as Colon's replacement for now, but if Jered Weaver continues to pitch well in the minors, he could be the eventual stand-in. Weaver struck out 12 Sunday in the minors.
ZFever
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beezer » Sat May 06, 2006 8:09 am

Has anybody heard if Little Weaver is being called up to pitch Saturday???
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beezer » Sat May 06, 2006 5:49 pm

It doesn't look like he is going to get the call. He's available on my wire, but, it looks like the Halo's rotation is set for now.
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates