So how long is Morris REALLY out for? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So how long is Morris REALLY out for?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So how long is Morris REALLY out for?

Postby tjhksig » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:12 am

Is it gonna be 3, or closer to 6? Also, does that time include 1 or 2 rehab starts? I'm already worried b/c the Cards face some pretty good offenses in Sept. anyway, so is it even worth keeping Morris if he is gonna be back by early Sept?

Anybody with any info, your advice is appreciated. ;-D
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:33 am

Everything I've seen says closer to 6 and maybe even 8 weeks.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby tjhksig » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:37 am

Madison, could you point me toward some of these sources? I gotta see this w/ my own eyes before I have the guts to release him. It was hard enough cutting Kearns tonight for Dmitri Young.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:42 am

tjhksig wrote:Madison, could you point me toward some of these sources? I gotta see this w/ my own eyes before I have the guts to release him. It was hard enough cutting Kearns tonight for Dmitri Young.

Give me a sec. I'll go look it up right now. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:47 am

Fractured Finger Sidelines Morris

by Bo Mitchell - Content Manager, Fanball.com
Wednesday, July 23, 2003
The Padres may have the worst record in the National League, but their batters are wreaking havoc with fantasy pitching rotations this year. First Sean Burroughs lines a shot off of Curt Schilling's hand and knocks him out for six weeks with a broken bone and now Mark Kotsay has put Cardinals' ace Matt Morris out of business for what could be an even longer period of time.

On his ninth pitch of the game Monday, Morris was hit on his right hand by a line shot off Kotsay's bat. The ball struck him just above his index finger and his hand immediately began to swell. Frustrated, Morris wanted to see if he could stay in the game so he threw a warmup pitch that promptly sailed to the backstop. Off to radiology room he went.

The X-rays taken Monday were inconclusive so it was originally hoped Morris had gotten away with just a bruise and might only need to miss a start or two. However team physician Dr. George Paletta ordered a CT scan for Tuesday just to be sure. The tests revealed a non-displaced fracture just above the second metacarpal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Morris had his finger placed in a splint and his name placed on the 15-day disabled list prior to Tuesday's game. However, he'll be nowhere near ready to return in 15 days. The injury will keep Morris out a minimum of three to six weeks and the St. Louis Post Dispatch cites an anonymous club source as saying he could be lost for the season.

This one says he might be out for the season. 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby ondeckb » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:51 am

Even if he gets back this year he'll be of limited value to you. Take a deep breath and go get someone who can help you the rest of the way. Matt.... Rest in Peace.
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:16 pm

tjhksig wrote:Madison, could you point me toward some of these sources? I gotta see this w/ my own eyes before I have the guts to release him. It was hard enough cutting Kearns tonight for Dmitri Young.

Rotowire says Matt outs till mid August. I wouldnt drop him. Btw, i cant link you, its a pay site.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby tjhksig » Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:54 am

HOOTIE,

Could you cut & paste the text? I'm hearing so many conflicting reports, I don't wanna drop him if he's back in 3 weeks......
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:00 am

Madison wrote:Fractured Finger Sidelines Morris

by Bo Mitchell - Content Manager, Fanball.com
Wednesday, July 23, 2003
The Padres may have the worst record in the National League, but their batters are wreaking havoc with fantasy pitching rotations this year. First Sean Burroughs lines a shot off of Curt Schilling's hand and knocks him out for six weeks with a broken bone and now Mark Kotsay has put Cardinals' ace Matt Morris out of business for what could be an even longer period of time.

On his ninth pitch of the game Monday, Morris was hit on his right hand by a line shot off Kotsay's bat. The ball struck him just above his index finger and his hand immediately began to swell. Frustrated, Morris wanted to see if he could stay in the game so he threw a warmup pitch that promptly sailed to the backstop. Off to radiology room he went.

The X-rays taken Monday were inconclusive so it was originally hoped Morris had gotten away with just a bruise and might only need to miss a start or two. However team physician Dr. George Paletta ordered a CT scan for Tuesday just to be sure. The tests revealed a non-displaced fracture just above the second metacarpal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Morris had his finger placed in a splint and his name placed on the 15-day disabled list prior to Tuesday's game. However, he'll be nowhere near ready to return in 15 days. The injury will keep Morris out a minimum of three to six weeks and the St. Louis Post Dispatch cites an anonymous club source as saying he could be lost for the season.

This one says he might be out for the season. 8-o

You might check this one out. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby tjhksig » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:07 am

Madison,

That article is my main source for dropping him, but would you if you were me? I'd hate to get burned in the playoffs by an owner who scooped him up....

The best SP's are literally O. Perez, Lima, Franklin, and.......
well, that's about it.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers