Alex Gordon getting called up??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Gordon getting called up???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Steve-o » Thu May 11, 2006 10:15 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Historically, pitchers have an easier time adjusting to the majors, especially before hitters get used to them. Just saying.

Historically, pitchers are tougher to predict and ones that have a significant injury history tend to get injured again. Just saying.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri May 12, 2006 12:05 pm

AKhomebrewer wrote:Even though it's the Royals, I doubt they want to start Gordon's arbitration clock ticking just yet. Seems more likely he'd get called on later in the season.

As far as the arbitration clock, it does not matter if he is called up now or in September, he still will not have a full year in the league for the arbitration years come the end of the year. In a situation like Tampa where they called up Upton a few years ago for 2 months, then they have to wait til mid June or July to make sure Upton does not have over a years service in the majors at the end of this year.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beezer » Fri May 12, 2006 5:33 pm

Just found this in the KC Star:

Yet, Baird is adamant in resisting calls — including an increasing number from within his own organization — to summon two other high-profile prospects: third baseman Alex Gordon and left fielder Billy Butler.

Both are playing at Class AA Wichita, but the Royals have rarely hesitated to bypass Class AAA Omaha in their player-development process.

“Those guys aren’t ready,” Baird said flatly. “And that’s not our direction right now.”

The recent offensive surge makes it easier to maintain the view that Gordon and Butler should remain at Wichita, but it has done little to quell speculation that Baird’s own time is limited.

Frickin' Eric Mack!!!! It looks like it will be a while for Gordon to come up, unless, Baird gets fired soon. Still got him stashed.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beezer » Sat May 13, 2006 3:22 pm

I am starting a petition to fire Baird immediately!!!!!!! and Eric Mack!!!!!!!!
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat May 13, 2006 3:26 pm

geez, he's not ready. Why should we call him up? for you fantasy owners? gimme a break ;-7

:-D
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers