Alex Gordon getting called up??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Gordon getting called up???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Alex Gordon getting called up???

Postby Havok1517 » Fri May 05, 2006 8:55 pm

Rotoworld

Mark Teahen - 3B - KC - May. 5 - 7:50 pm et
Royals optioned third baseman Mark Teahen to Triple-A Omaha.
Esteban German takes over as the starting third baseman for now. The Royals are sending down Teahen after a .195/.241/.351 start. Worse is that he's been about as bad on defense as in the batter's box. The Royals will say they aren't giving up on him, but he's shown so little over the past year that he can't be allowed to stand in Alex Gordon's way. Gordon figures to spend at least the final month or two of the season as the club's third baseman. May. 5 - 7:50 pm et

Its beginning to look that way! ;-)
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Fri May 05, 2006 10:00 pm

Its pretty much inevitable that Gordon, Butler, Howell, and Bautista (plus Huber who already made the jump) will all spend some time in the majors this season when September Call-up time comes around. Its pretty hard to imagine the Royals bringing Gordon up with German and Graffanino somewhat capable of holding down 3B.

This is an exciting move for Royals fans though. There were some serious questions about how Baird would deal with the logjam at 3B. Many were predicting he would keep Teahen there just in an attempt to show eeryone he got something worthwhile out of the Beltran deal. This move at least gives KC fans some hope that Baird is not so hung up on proving himself and can admit when one of his young players are failing.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Mugrila » Fri May 05, 2006 11:11 pm

i have to be honest and say that even though i have gordon on my minor league roster, i have no idea what type hitter he is. what type of numbers should he post in the next couple seasons?
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Havok1517 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:16 pm

Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Mugrila » Fri May 05, 2006 11:35 pm

thanks, nice read. i knew i drafted him for a reason. ;-)

(even if i didn't know what the reason was at the time) :-D
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby brandnew » Sat May 06, 2006 12:47 am

IMO he can have a David Wright type impact in his rookie year. He's that good.

He's got good speed, steals bases, good power, exceptional plate discipline. We're looking at a .300+ 30 HR+ 20+ SB guy here, stud ;-D I hope they bring him up soon.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hybrid » Sat May 06, 2006 1:50 am

Ahem, I repeat ... Teahen is the future at 3B. ;-7 ;-)

In any case though I don't think they will call up Gordon that soon. He will prolly get at least another 2 months in the minors and then get a call up if things are going to plan.
Last edited by hybrid on Sat May 06, 2006 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby twistedude » Sat May 06, 2006 2:22 am

Tavish wrote:Its pretty much inevitable that Gordon, Butler, Howell, and Bautista (plus Huber who already made the jump) will all spend some time in the majors this season when September Call-up time comes around. Its pretty hard to imagine the Royals bringing Gordon up with German and Graffanino somewhat capable of holding down 3B.

This is an exciting move for Royals fans though. There were some serious questions about how Baird would deal with the logjam at 3B. Many were predicting he would keep Teahen there just in an attempt to show eeryone he got something worthwhile out of the Beltran deal. This move at least gives KC fans some hope that Baird is not so hung up on proving himself and can admit when one of his young players are failing.

I love your avatar. "Cobb safe at second". Cleats up of course :-)
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 37)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Sat May 06, 2006 2:45 am

Even though it's the Royals, I doubt they want to start Gordon's arbitration clock ticking just yet. Seems more likely he'd get called on later in the season.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby beezer » Thu May 11, 2006 5:35 pm

Eric Mack wrote:
Rest assured, they will be doing nothing more than keeping the position warm for Gordon. The phenom could get the call as soon as this Friday in Baltimore or, more likely, when the Royals return home (May 19 vs. St. Louis). It could be a way to help sell tickets for a weekend series.

I just read this today on CBS. Haven't seen any other info. that confirms this.

I picked him up and stashed him.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers