Chulk gets sent down, Rosario gets called up.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Chulk gets sent down, Rosario gets called up..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chulk gets sent down, Rosario gets called up..

Postby mweir145 » Fri May 05, 2006 7:22 pm

Rosario's been starting for Syracuse, so I wonder if this is a move to get Towers out of the rotation.. Gibbons says that Josh will start on Tuesday, so he hasn't given up on him yet, I wonder if JP has..

Now two of our key pieces in the bullpen from last year are in the minors.

What does everyone think?

I think it's crazy that with the weak BP we've had this year (with the exception of the crazy numbers BJ and Justin have put up), and the worst starter in the league this year that we're actually .500. The offense won't hit like this forever, though. The pitching is going to have to get better.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat May 06, 2006 12:52 am

I agree. The pitching does have to get better for the Jays. One thing that was good last year was pitching, especially the bullpen. Ryan and Speier have been light outs and hopefully McGowan will keep improving and pitching well out of the bullpen for the Jays.

As for Chulk, same thing with Frasor. I don't mind seeing him being sent to the minors, he was doing nothing for the Jays (sorry Vinny :-B ).

I think it was a good move to bring up Rosario because he had to get a shot at some point this season. He's gonna be 26 years old next month and with Towers struggling...this might just be his time. Either that or just let Pete Walker pitch instead of Towers. Josh, you fooled all of us last year.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby go_jays_go » Sat May 06, 2006 1:00 am

Wow. The Jays are getting pretty impatient with their bullpen. Rosario probably won't be the answer this quickly, but I hope the kid does well.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Toronto Blue Jays