Nick Swisher? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nick Swisher?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nick Swisher?

Postby tuff_gong » Fri May 05, 2006 5:07 pm

Can this guy put up good numbers all year? I've never known much about him, except that he is young and was supposed to be one of the guys who helped Chavez power that A's offense (which he's doing a pretty good job of). Is it unreasonable to expect him to keep up what he's doing?

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nick Swisher?

Postby reiser » Sat May 06, 2006 8:28 am

tuff_gong wrote:Can this guy put up good numbers all year? I've never known much about him, except that he is young and was supposed to be one of the guys who helped Chavez power that A's offense (which he's doing a pretty good job of). Is it unreasonable to expect him to keep up what he's doing?

I just traded BJ Ryan for him, if that gives you an idea of current value. I believe I drafted Ryan in the 8th round. I'm assuming it's real...former 1st round pick, not sure if he was even in the minors long enough to become their top rated prospect. Last full season at AAA was .269/29/92. so I guess what i'm saying is that he's as good a bet as anyone to breakout this year.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rlee » Sat May 06, 2006 9:54 am

I can't imagine his average staying where it is. I picked him up on waivers when Lee broke his wrist and am enjoying the fruits of that. But I fully expect his average to dip down into the .270-.275 range, but his other production numbers sholud be good. ;-D
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Secret Avatar » Sat May 06, 2006 10:49 am

Swisher has genuine power (30+ HR potential) but has never been known or expected to hit for average. Anything is possible, but I expect the BA to drop considerably into the 260-270 range. The other numbers should stay strong.

Remember also its only been a month, and that small sample size can throw everything off. Shelton was red-hot and then suddenly cooled off. The same can (and most likely will) happen with Swisher. Approach cautiously.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Nick Swisher?

Postby Zito is God » Sat May 06, 2006 1:27 pm

reiser wrote:
tuff_gong wrote:Can this guy put up good numbers all year? I've never known much about him, except that he is young and was supposed to be one of the guys who helped Chavez power that A's offense (which he's doing a pretty good job of). Is it unreasonable to expect him to keep up what he's doing?

I just traded BJ Ryan for him, if that gives you an idea of current value. I believe I drafted Ryan in the 8th round. I'm assuming it's real...former 1st round pick, not sure if he was even in the minors long enough to become their top rated prospect. Last full season at AAA was .269/29/92. so I guess what i'm saying is that he's as good a bet as anyone to breakout this year.

Ryan? Talk about overreaching.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby MrE » Sat May 06, 2006 7:14 pm

I've had Swisher in 3 of the leagues I participated in. In all three, I traded him...

The bounty:

1) Roy Halladay
2) Johan Santanna
3) Johan Santanna and Michael Young for Jason Schmidt and Swisher

His value is SKY-high right now...
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Field » Sat May 06, 2006 7:24 pm

MrE wrote:I've had Swisher in 3 of the leagues I participated in. In all three, I traded him...

The bounty:

1) Roy Halladay
2) Johan Santanna

To expect to get Johan or Doc in exchange for Swisher is the definition of a strech. Obviously, an unrealistic Buy-Low Sell-High situation in most cases. I would say he would be worth a middle tier closer right now. But, he is impressing me more every day. He should be a solid producer all year especially with his spot in the A's lineup. However, he is an outfielder so don't go for broke trying to aquire this guy when he probably has already hit 1/3 of his hr's for the year in the first month.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby DevilDriver » Sat May 06, 2006 7:28 pm

MrE wrote:I've had Swisher in 3 of the leagues I participated in. In all three, I traded him...

The bounty:

1) Roy Halladay
2) Johan Santanna

WOW if you got those guys for Swisher, it might be time to move to some more competitive leagues... :-D
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Zito is God » Sat May 06, 2006 8:14 pm

DevilDriver wrote:

The bounty:

1) Roy Halladay
2) Johan Santanna

WOW if you got those guys for Swisher, it might be time to move to some more competitive leagues... :-D

I was thinking the same thing. Most competitive leagues don't bite on the sell high hype.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers