Any news on Wilkerson? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Any news on Wilkerson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any news on Wilkerson?

Postby DABegley » Fri May 05, 2006 11:28 am

I going away for the weekend, does anyone have any info on his status? He's been hot enough I don't want to bench him unless I have to but I need to decide before I leave this afternoon. Thanks.
13 team 5x5 Roto,only 2 closers
C Piazza
1B Berkman
2B Upton
3B ARam
SS Furcal
LF Burrell
CF Rios
RF Vlad
Util Pierre
Bench Markakis, Kinsler, Peralta, Kendrick DL
SP Sheets DL,Kazmir,Hill,Pettite, Hernandez, Clemens,Shields
RP Dempster, Reyes, Baez
DABegley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chinst » Fri May 05, 2006 11:38 am

From MLB.com:
Brad Wilkerson, who smashed his right shoulder and face hard into the outfield scoreboard making a catch on Markakis' deep fly in the fifth. Wilkerson left the game with what was described as a mild concussion and his status for the Yankees series is uncertain.

Wilkerson said after the game he was a bit woozy and afflicted by a headache, but admitted a bit more concern about the tender shoulder he has been trying to rehab and strengthen since last season.

"I'm kind of worried about it, but we'll see (Friday) how it feels," he said. "I've hit the wall pretty hard before, but not a wall like that (unpadded), not in a long time. It came up on me fast because the ball was carrying, and it turned out a little bit worse than I wanted it to."

From the sound of it, I would be mildly surprised if he plays at all this weekend and totally shocked if he plays Friday night. Most guys don't play the next day with a concussion, often sitting longer, and if he's worried about his shoulder, which had already hurt and it sounds like he aggravated it, I would think Texas and Brad would want to be very cautious.
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates