What's your most painful childhood memory? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What's your most painful childhood memory?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 05, 2006 6:51 am

Tavish wrote:Not painful memory, but one of my fondest memories was when I was a kid and I went to a friends house. While he was outside playing in his sandbox I threw his cat out the second story window at him. Man you should have seen the kids face when the cat hit. It was priceless.

:-D

I like to start every day with a Tavish post.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 05, 2006 7:00 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've nearly drowned on three separate occasions.

You would think that you would have learned to stay out of the water.

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've fallen out of a countless number of trees.

You would think that you would have learned to stop climbing trees.

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've fallen through a frozen ice creek three miles away from 'room temperature'.

I don't know what "three miles away from 'room temperature'" means but this is starting to sound less like a case of bad luck and more of a case of you should be riding a short bus.

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've had a bum offer my mom two sleeping bags in exchange for my brother and me.

I'm begining to suspect that your mom accepted and you and the bum lived in a tree......above a creek approximately three miles away from room temperature.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri May 05, 2006 8:34 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've nearly drowned on three separate occasions.

You would think that you would have learned to stay out of the water.

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've fallen out of a countless number of trees.

You would think that you would have learned to stop climbing trees.

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've fallen through a frozen ice creek three miles away from 'room temperature'.

I don't know what "three miles away from 'room temperature'" means but this is starting to sound less like a case of bad luck and more of a case of you should be riding a short bus.

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've had a bum offer my mom two sleeping bags in exchange for my brother and me.

I'm begining to suspect that your mom accepted and you and the bum lived in a tree......above a creek approximately three miles away from room temperature.

I don't swim anymore. See the "What are you afraid of thread". Don't all kids fall out of trees? I think I did just a few more times than normal. When I fell through the ice, I was approximately 3 miles from the closest house. I had to walk in freezing weather drenching wet. I literally crawled the last hundred feet or so because my body was shaking so bad. Pretty scary. All these are probably a combination of bad luck and bad decisions. The bum was a nice old man that lived under a bridge close to where we went grocery shopping. Maybe my mom should have taken him up on the deal. Maybe he would have kept me out of water, trees, etc. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby perlick29 » Fri May 05, 2006 8:34 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Tavish wrote:Not painful memory, but one of my fondest memories was when I was a kid and I went to a friends house. While he was outside playing in his sandbox I threw his cat out the second story window at him. Man you should have seen the kids face when the cat hit. It was priceless.

Agreed. Although I think my keyboard hates Tavish because of the Orange Juice I've spit on over the years, an event that repeated itself this morning.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 05, 2006 9:54 am

Mookie4ever wrote:

man, that's funnier than Omaha's mom getting an offer to trade him for sleeping bags

i stuck my tounge to a frozen fence one...that really sucked. i didnt believe it would really work like in Cristmas Story...only i didnt just put the tip on, i stuck my whole tounge on there like i was licking an ice-cream cone. i tried to pull it off and ripped some skin off. finally my baby-sitter threw some warm water on the pole
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Fri May 05, 2006 10:48 am

Dr. Phil says, "Explore with me how that truly makes you feel."
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri May 05, 2006 12:39 pm

We have a winner... ;-D

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Don't all kids fall out of trees?

I always avoided situations like being in trees... I was a cautious kid.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby knapplc » Fri May 05, 2006 1:03 pm

1337_Dude wrote:

8-o

I think I spent about a quarter of my childhood in trees - climbing, building forts, using them as ladders to climb to the top of houses, barns, sheds, etc.

Trees are nature's jungle gyms! ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri May 05, 2006 1:08 pm

knapplc wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:

8-o

I think I spent about a quarter of my childhood in trees - climbing, building forts, using them as ladders to climb to the top of houses, barns, sheds, etc.

I always just figured I'd fall out of the tree, so I stayed away from climbing them.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby knapplc » Fri May 05, 2006 1:14 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
knapplc wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:

8-o

I always just figured I'd fall out of the tree, so I stayed away from climbing them.

You were entirely to pragmatic for a child. I fell out of lots of trees, but I was never smart enough (or pragmatic enough) to stay out of them the next time.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk