anyone stashing Kinsler? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

anyone stashing Kinsler?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Thu May 04, 2006 8:36 pm

I have Kent and Peralta at 2B/SS...

Peralta is heating up so he should be fine, but Kent is killing me and will find his way to my bench...
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaleMurphy » Fri May 05, 2006 7:10 am

I drafted Kinsler and have had him stashed away on the DL....look at DeRosa until Kinsler comes back...he's been on fire. And with Matthews nursing an injury, DeRosa might even stay in the lineup and play some OF when Kinsler returns.
DaleMurphy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Surfs up » Fri May 05, 2006 7:40 am

I have Kinslar as well but last night Buck said DeRosa would stay at second base even when Kinslar come back. He's hitting .417 .
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 273)

Postby Yoda » Fri May 05, 2006 9:32 am

Surfs up wrote:I have Kinslar as well but last night Buck said DeRosa would stay at second base even when Kinslar come back. He's hitting .417 .

For the record, DeRosa has been on fire for exactly 4 games and he is a proven MLB back up. I can't imagine Kinsler, who is the current and future 2B, beat out DeRosa and Jiminez in ST would lose his job due to an injury. Of course it will depend on how Kinsler performs when he comes back but 2B will be his job to lose.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cooner » Fri May 05, 2006 9:57 am

sounds familiar jose,

For my middle infield, I drafted Reyes early, stole Renteria late, and got Roberts to be my 2B. Last round or two I grabbed Kinsler, planning on trading Renteria and liking Kinsler's dual eligibility as a backup.

Kinsler goes down, Renteria goes down, Roberts goes down, and despite drafting 4 MI, I'm off searching. Traded Renteria for Jose Vidro (not the best of deals, but with Renteria sitting on my bench even when healthy, I was ok with it.)

Not sure what I'm gonna do when Kinsler and Roberts come back...
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DaleMurphy » Fri May 05, 2006 11:19 am

Yoda wrote:
Surfs up wrote:I have Kinslar as well but last night Buck said DeRosa would stay at second base even when Kinslar come back. He's hitting .417 .

For the record, DeRosa has been on fire for exactly 4 games and he is a proven MLB back up. I can't imagine Kinsler, who is the current and future 2B, beat out DeRosa and Jiminez in ST would lose his job due to an injury. Of course it will depend on how Kinsler performs when he comes back but 2B will be his job to lose.

I agree thatKinsler will take his job back, but for the time being if there is nothing else available, DeRosa is a good fill in. And if he continues to be productive and MAtthews ends up on the DL again, DeRosa might get the nod over other OF like Nix.
DaleMurphy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby baseballyes » Fri May 05, 2006 1:23 pm

Who is better Josh Barfield or Ian Kinsler?
baseballyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby reiser » Sat May 06, 2006 8:35 am

Yoda wrote: For the record, DeRosa has been on fire for exactly 4 games and he is a proven MLB back up. I can't imagine Kinsler, who is the current and future 2B, beat out DeRosa and Jiminez in ST would lose his job due to an injury. Of course it will depend on how Kinsler performs when he comes back but 2B will be his job to lose.

the only thing that scares me was this week's SI article on Michael Young, which noted that DeRosa has pretty much made Young his mentor since day one. Could DeRosa turn the corner?

well, he's 31 and never done it before. on the other hand, he's hit .290 at Richmond, has decent fielding ability to pretty good, and stranger things have happened. (think Bill Mueller, Michael Young, Brady Clark).

I own Kinsler, and am dying right now with Freel, but you have to be realistic.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Sat May 06, 2006 10:33 am

reiser wrote:
Yoda wrote: For the record, DeRosa has been on fire for exactly 4 games and he is a proven MLB back up. I can't imagine Kinsler, who is the current and future 2B, beat out DeRosa and Jiminez in ST would lose his job due to an injury. Of course it will depend on how Kinsler performs when he comes back but 2B will be his job to lose.

the only thing that scares me was this week's SI article on Michael Young, which noted that DeRosa has pretty much made Young his mentor since day one. Could DeRosa turn the corner?

well, he's 31 and never done it before. on the other hand, he's hit .290 at Richmond, has decent fielding ability to pretty good, and stranger things have happened. (think Bill Mueller, Michael Young, Brady Clark).

I own Kinsler, and am dying right now with Freel, but you have to be realistic.

Well, if you are waiting for Kinsler to come back and save your team, you are in trouble anyway. His injury is something that can linger for the rest of the season and he is an unproven rookie to boot. I still think Kinsler will be given the starting job until he proves he can't do it. Certainly worth stashing given how well he was playing prior to the injury.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby reiser » Sat May 06, 2006 8:28 pm

Yoda wrote: Well, if you are waiting for Kinsler to come back and save your team, you are in trouble anyway. His injury is something that can linger for the rest of the season and he is an unproven rookie to boot. I still think Kinsler will be given the starting job until he proves he can't do it. Certainly worth stashing given how well he was playing prior to the injury.

no shit Karabell.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers