anyone stashing Kinsler? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

anyone stashing Kinsler?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

anyone stashing Kinsler?

Postby ingov » Thu May 04, 2006 3:12 pm

haven't seen much discussion on him since he went on the DL but he's coming back soon. what are people's expectations? i have to think he is going to be a popular addition pretty soon in leagues he was dropped. any potential TX bat would appear to have value, especially if he returns to the leadoff spot.
ingov
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flowbee » Thu May 04, 2006 3:20 pm

I need him back bad.

He should have a lot of succeses his rookie year. He can help you out in all categories. He's multi eligbile for 2b/ss which is great too
flowbee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikhayl » Thu May 04, 2006 3:22 pm

flowbee wrote:I need him back bad.

He should have a lot of succeses his rookie year. He can help you out in all categories. He's multi eligbile for 2b/ss which is great too

Yeah, he's my top 2B. My alternate is Freel and he could be going back to platoon duty.

Kinsler is a hell of a player. I'm worried that it'll take him a while to get his swing back. I imagine a hand injury is one of the hardest injuries to recover from.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby josebach » Thu May 04, 2006 3:33 pm

I was going to dump Bill Hall for him when Kinsler got off the DL, but now it looks like I'm dropping Kinsler.

Check this out.

-Drafted Lugo and Bill Hall.
-Lugo got injured so I put him on the DL.
-Because Hall wasn't playing every day, drafted Kinsler.
-Kinsler got injured so I put him on the DL.
-Because Hall still wasn't playing every day, drafted Carlos Guillen.

Now, two weeks later, I have Lugo, Kinsler, Hall and Carlos Guillen and am going to have to drop two people when Lugo and Kinsler get off the DL. Because Guillen looks to be in 2004 form and Hall is tearing it up and has great position eligibility (also need a back-up for Biggio), I'm seriously leaning towards dropping both Lugo AND Kinsler.

Decisions Decisions!!!
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J35J » Thu May 04, 2006 3:37 pm

josebach wrote:I was going to dump Bill Hall for him when Kinsler got off the DL, but now it looks like I'm dropping Kinsler.

Check this out.

Now, two weeks later, I have Lugo, Kinsler, Hall and Carlos Guillen and am going to have to drop two people when Lugo and Kinsler get off the DL. Because Guillen looks to be in 2004 form and Hall is tearing it up and has great position eligibility (also need a back-up for Biggio), I'm seriously leaning towards dropping both Lugo AND Kinsler.

Decisions Decisions!!!

Whatever happened to trying to make a trade?

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Postby mikhayl » Thu May 04, 2006 3:40 pm

J35J wrote:
josebach wrote:I was going to dump Bill Hall for him when Kinsler got off the DL, but now it looks like I'm dropping Kinsler.

Check this out.

Decisions Decisions!!!

Jason

Yeah. You'll probably get a good return too. By hoarding all those guys you've created artificially high demand for second basemen in your league.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby josebach » Thu May 04, 2006 4:15 pm

mikhayl wrote:
J35J wrote:

Check this out.

Decisions Decisions!!!

Jason

Yeah. You'll probably get a good return too. By hoarding all those guys you've created artificially high demand for second basemen in your league.

The problem is that nobody is biting. Everybody knows I'm going to have to drop two of them so why should they give up something? Not only that, but I'm in a 10 team league and every one of the guys I have is at the bottom end of the spectrum. (Lugo was middle tier, but now that he's been injured, nobody knows how much he's going to be running).

I've pretty much already decided I'm going to keep Guillen over Lugo as my regular SS and Hall over Kinsler as my utility guy. Biggio is not worth a damn on the road so I have to keep either Hall or Kinsler for their 2b eligibility. I didn't post this for advice, but rather because it's an interesting predicament and I wanted to share. SS and 2B are definitely the weak spots on my team. The rest of my team is stacked. :-)
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby lbbaseball14 » Thu May 04, 2006 4:21 pm

KINSLER IS MONEY! It's too bad he got hurt i wouldve been interested to see what he can do in a full season.... he was definetely one of my sleepers for this year and will be next year too. Ive been stashing him since he got hurt and im not letting go
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dyuen87 » Thu May 04, 2006 4:25 pm

lbbaseball14 wrote:KINSLER IS MONEY! It's too bad he got hurt i wouldve been interested to see what he can do in a full season.... he was definetely one of my sleepers for this year and will be next year too. Ive been stashing him since he got hurt and im not letting go

sad part was that he got injured the day he got moved up, he was heating up as well. :,-(
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu May 04, 2006 4:49 pm

Kinsler's injury hurt me bad! I also have Cantu so I'm really SOL! But at least it made me grab Brandon Phillips.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers