Felix Hernandez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Felix Hernandez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 5 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:34 am

He is young and he was overhyped but I still like having him in several leagues.

If the standings on May 5th determined the winners in my leagues, I'd be worried....right Tex & Kent owners?
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chinst » Fri May 05, 2006 11:45 am

TurdFerguson wrote:the problem is the guy or should I say kid got way to overhyped before the season started.I mean he is only 19 freakin years of age

I hate hearing this over and over again. It is a terrible answer. Yes, we all know Felix was way overhyped -- but that is not a reason for his pitching poorly. I could understand if we had never seen him before saying it was all just hype -- but that's not how it is -- we saw him at the end of last season and he was worlds better than he is in 2006. His owners aren't looking for reasons why Felix isn't 1985 Gooden, we're looking for reasons why 2006 Felix isn't 2005 Felix.
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri May 05, 2006 1:09 pm

chinst wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:the problem is the guy or should I say kid got way to overhyped before the season started.I mean he is only 19 freakin years of age

I hate hearing this over and over again. It is a terrible answer. Yes, we all know Felix was way overhyped -- but that is not a reason for his pitching poorly. I could understand if we had never seen him before saying it was all just hype -- but that's not how it is -- we saw him at the end of last season and he was worlds better than he is in 2006. His owners aren't looking for reasons why Felix isn't 1985 Gooden, we're looking for reasons why 2006 Felix isn't 2005 Felix.
Teams are starting to see him more(scouting reports) and yes it is somewhat beause of the hype it puts unwanted pressure on a 19 year old kid.He hears people in the media calling him king.You can have the best stuff in the world but thats not all that matters.Geez the guy only pitched 80 innings last year and people started to anoint him the best thing in baseball its ridiculous.I am fan of Felix but it is ridiculous how much people overvalued him going into the drafts this year.
Last edited by TurdFerguson on Fri May 05, 2006 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri May 05, 2006 1:11 pm

5 wrote:He is young and he was overhyped but I still like having him in several leagues.

If the standings on May 5th determined the winners in my leagues, I'd be worried....right Tex & Kent owners?
Tex and Kent are proven Felix is not.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby 5 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:54 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:
5 wrote:He is young and he was overhyped but I still like having him in several leagues.

Tex and Kent are proven Felix is not.

Yes they are.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby johnsamo » Fri May 05, 2006 11:43 pm

He's got 35 K's in 31 innings, so he's clearly got something going occassionally. The kid is 20, sit him on the bench and wait for the breakout.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates