Zacarias Moussaoui - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Zacarias Moussaoui

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fireball Express » Sat May 06, 2006 12:59 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:AA, good to hear from you.
That fact that you usually are my polar opposite doesn't me that I don't appreciate what you have to say.

That Sullivan guy has a good point. I think ZM would have said America lost and he won no matter the sentence.

I appreciate what you have to say as well. And I agree that we are polar opposites. I'm handsome, well-read, funny, good with kids, etc.

:-?
:-D

However, we're both Mets fans.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun May 07, 2006 2:48 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Although it's counterintuitive, the death penalty costs more. So stop claiming otherwise.

Bullet to the head would solve that problem. ;-D We waste way, way too much money to give a painless death to those, who in most cases, gave someone else a very painful death.

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Andrew Sullivan:

A vile human being. I oppose the death penalty, but if I had to make an exception, it would be him. That said, I wasn't on the jury, didn't hear all the evidence, and the system gives them the power to decide such a sentence. The silver lining is that we do not make this monster a martyr. The rule of law was followed; our society allows even this murderous religious fanatic due process. In that sense, Moussaoui got this wrong as he has gotten everything else wrong. He lost. America won. And the fight against him and his allies continues.

Sullivan's wrong. We didn't win anything. There is not a single positive that came from this decision, that wouldn't have come had the jury decided to give the death penalty like they should have. Not one.

I'll skip the small ways in which America lost, and go straight to the number one problem. Not only has Bush shown what a wimpy country America has become with the way he handled Osama, Afghanistan, Saddam, and Iraq, but now the American citizens have proven how weak stomached America is. A terrorist who had something to do with the attacks on the trade towers, didn't get the death penalty? Are you freaking kidding me? 50 years ago this wouldn't have been an issue at all. Death penalty. No question or doubt about it. However, since the country managed to put on a skirt and lose it's stones somewhere, we really don't need to broadcast that fact to the rest of the world. Unfortunately, we just keep showing that we have absolutely no idea how to defend a nation. It's quite pathetic :-t , and best if I quit typing before I really say what's on my mind. :-[
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dannyolbb » Sun May 07, 2006 7:32 pm

Madison wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:Although it's counterintuitive, the death penalty costs more. So stop claiming otherwise.

Bullet to the head would solve that problem. ;-D We waste way, way too much money to give a painless death to those, who in most cases, gave someone else a very painful death.

You're right. If we simply got rid of due process, everything would be cheaper. Actually, this gives me an idea... We could throw out everything back to the Magna Carta and save a fortune!

Oh, and

http://www.perryonpolitics.com/2006/05/ ... apter.html

has a good description of where ZM is going. It's a good read.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby theclefe » Tue May 09, 2006 7:26 am

dannyolbb wrote:
Madison wrote:

You're right. If we simply got rid of due process, everything would be cheaper. Actually, this gives me an idea... We could throw out everything back to the Magna Carta and save a fortune!

Oh, and

It think I would crack my skull on the concrete bed if I had to live there.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 09, 2006 8:06 am

dannyolbb wrote:
Madison wrote:

Oh, and

Nice find danny. His own little hell. :-b ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk