Zacarias Moussaoui - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Zacarias Moussaoui

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Zacarias Moussaoui

Postby chadlincoln » Thu May 04, 2006 9:41 am

I'm glad they didn't give him the death penalty and make him a martyr. They need to put him in the general population in NY City. I'd give him 2 days.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/05/04/mouss ... index.html
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu May 04, 2006 9:56 am

Solitary confinement for the rest of his life. I would have liked to see the death penalty, but, like chadlincoln said, that would have made him a martyr. Happy with this result.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu May 04, 2006 10:08 am

i'm fine with him having life in solitary 12 foot by 7 foot cell. i think the greater tragedy is that they let him turn the trial into a circus.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu May 04, 2006 10:12 am

j_d_mcnugent wrote:i'm fine with him having life in solitary 12 foot by 7 foot cell. i think the greater tragedy is that they let him turn the trial into a circus.

I thought the same thing. I thought it was shameful of them to give him pleasure by playing videos and audio of victims and their families during the trial.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Thu May 04, 2006 10:32 am

"I certainly believe the verdict should have been death," said former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani,

Someone elect this guy president. ;-D

Great :-/ . Just great. We're going to waste what's probably an absurd amount of money to keep this guy in jail, instead of doing what needs to be done, and that's execute him as quickly and cheaply as possible (gunshot to the head would be perfect). Nice message to send to the rest of the world you idiot politicians! Attack us? Well, if we catch you, we'll feed and cloth you until you die of natural causes! Freaking weak stomached morons. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: Zacarias Moussaoui

Postby Pacman » Thu May 04, 2006 10:34 am

chadlincoln wrote:
They need to put him in the general population in NY City. I'd give him 2 days.

Exact thought I had when I heard the sentence announced. I hope someone offs him in prison.

That may sound terrible to some, but it's how I feel. Here in Boston there was a pedophile priest who raped dozens, maybe hundreds of boys over his life. Got caught finally as an old man, and sent to prison. An inmate (himself a victim of child rape) killed the ex-priest in his cell. And that made me happy.

This guy was part of a plot that murdered 3,000 innocent American civilians. I hope someone gets him good in prison. And I hope it hurts.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu May 04, 2006 10:35 am

Madison wrote:
"I certainly believe the verdict should have been death," said former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani,

Great :-/ . Just great. We're going to waste what's probably an absurd amount of money to keep this guy in jail, instead of doing what needs to be done, and that's execute him as quickly and cheaply as possible (gunshot to the head would be perfect). Nice message to send to the rest of the world you idiot politicians! Attack us? Well, if we catch you, we'll feed and cloth you until you die of natural causes! Freaking weak stomached morons. :-t

I think you may be correct in your assessment, but for a man of his religion, I believe rotting away in a small cell his entire life is worse in his mind than death. That's the only way I can feel comfortable with this verdict.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu May 04, 2006 10:38 am

Madison wrote: Nice message to send to the rest of the world you idiot politicians! Attack us? Well, if we catch you, we'll feed and cloth you until you die of natural causes! Freaking weak stomached morons. :-t

This time it wasn't idiot politicians. He was tried by jury, the same as you or I would have been, so if you want to point the blame for the sentence at someone it should be directed at them.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu May 04, 2006 10:43 am

Madison wrote:

The politicians had nothing to do with the sentence. He was given due process and a jury found him guilty and gave him this punishment. What you or I think should have happened is irrelevant.

This guy got the most fair trial he could have gotten and got a just sentence from a jury of his peers (at least, a jury of OUR peers).

I'd wouldn't be upset to see something bad happen to him. But I'm comfortable with this outcome, too.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Re: Zacarias Moussaoui

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu May 04, 2006 10:44 am

Pacman wrote:
Exact thought I had when I heard the sentence announced. I hope someone offs him in prison.

they said he will rarely see anyone who isnt a guard in prison, and the other inmates are basically the other al qaeda idiots that we catch plus a few other guys like the terry nichols and the shoe bomber. its unlikely he gets shivved.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk