Jered Weaver! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Jered Weaver!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jered Weaver!

Postby LoudmouthApostle » Wed May 03, 2006 4:18 pm

From rototimes:

The Angels are leaning toward starting Jered Weaver Saturday, according to the LA Times. Hector Carrasco has been starting in place of the injured Bartolo Colon, but the Angels are confident that Weaver is ready for the majors now. He's 2-1 with a 3.41 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 29 innings pitched for Triple-A Salt Lake. In his last outing, he struck out 12 batters in six innings.

What are thoughts on this? Just a spot start? Is he going to get consideration to win a job as a starter for Anaheim?
LoudmouthApostle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dyuen87 » Wed May 03, 2006 5:12 pm

Colon DL (Carrasco)
Lackey
Escobar
Jeff Weaver
Santana

Jered Weaver MAY keep the job, but i really doubt it. The only chances are if he pitches lights out and Colon's rehab doesn't go as planned or Escobar decides to go back into the pen.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby namor720 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:12 am

Angels are desperate for offense. They brought up Kendrick and he has played 2b, 3b and 1b...Kotchman has been horrible, now he says he has had mono for 7 months. Quinlan is punch and judy, good average, zero power. They really need to make a deal in the worst way. If Jered sticks and does exceptional, there is the possibility that a trade could be made...I also think Colon is hurt worse than we know, he had the shoulder worked on after the playoffs and he isnt right. With his shoulder and Escobar's history of injuries, plus the chance of a deal. Jered is a very interesting wait and see candidate. They have described him as MLB ready and if you look at his starts, he has had one bad game and 3 INSANE starts. Walks are down, K's are up. He could get a spot.
namor720
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LoudmouthApostle » Thu May 04, 2006 11:30 am

namor720 wrote:Angels are desperate for offense. They brought up Kendrick and he has played 2b, 3b and 1b...Kotchman has been horrible, now he says he has had mono for 7 months. Quinlan is punch and judy, good average, zero power. They really need to make a deal in the worst way. If Jered sticks and does exceptional, there is the possibility that a trade could be made...I also think Colon is hurt worse than we know, he had the shoulder worked on after the playoffs and he isnt right. With his shoulder and Escobar's history of injuries, plus the chance of a deal. Jered is a very interesting wait and see candidate. They have described him as MLB ready and if you look at his starts, he has had one bad game and 3 INSANE starts. Walks are down, K's are up. He could get a spot.

I'm inclined to agree with you but hadn't considered the trade possibility. Very interesting...I'll be watching Saturday's start for sure!
LoudmouthApostle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Minor League & College Baseball