Did anyone else notice... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Did anyone else notice...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu May 04, 2006 11:07 pm

fantasy_warrior wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:
fantasy_warrior wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:Busy on the ranch or busy attending mass nude oil painting meetings? :-D


Busy on the ranch. The next scheduled massive oil painting meeting is the weekend of the 19th. I can't wait.

Why are you so stuck on the nudity part of it? That's only one very small part of the artistic expression.


Are there any websites (without male nudity of course) that you can link us to that display finished massive oil paintings?


I'm not too good at finding websites. I'm still new at this whole world wide web thing. If you'd like to know about massive oil painting, I can tell you all I know about it though.

Send me a private message for more details. A lot of people here don't accept massive oil painting and have been downright intolerant of it in the past. :~(


Correct me if I'm wrong here...

You're a 40-something, creepy in nature, and, most likely, wanted by the authorities...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Madison » Fri May 05, 2006 4:42 pm

fantasy_warrior wrote:A lot of people here don't accept massive oil painting and have been downright intolerant of it in the past. :~(


Some of us are getting quite annoyed actually. Time to quit the charade.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby fantasy_warrior » Fri May 05, 2006 11:51 pm

Madison wrote:
fantasy_warrior wrote:A lot of people here don't accept massive oil painting and have been downright intolerant of it in the past. :~(


Some of us are getting quite annoyed actually. Time to quit the charade.


Yeah, I'm getting pretty annoyed at the ineptitude of everyone here. If you people truly don't know what a massive oil painting is, then you're beyond help...

Even though you're beyond the help, let me spell it out for you...

Massive oil painting is.....MASSIVE (meaning large sized) paintings with oil-based paints. AKA a massive oil painting.

Geez, I didn't realize it was THAT difficult to understand. I thought people would have the common sense to figure that out for themselves, so the "charade" was brought on by ya'll.

And for the record, I am from Texas, I am a rancher, I do talk like I type, I do paint massive oil paintings, I do love the Rangers, I do love my horses, and everything else that I've said, except for the ridiculous crap that gullible people here actually wondered if it was true or not, has been true.

I guess people on General Talk online forums don't have a sense of humor....not my problem.
"Don't mess with the bull, son, you'll get the horns."~Justin Timberlake
"You guys wasn't gettin' paid to leave the dogs babysittin' the sheep while you stem the rose."~The Sound of Music
fantasy_warrior
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 67
Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: El Paso, Texas

Postby Zito is God » Sat May 06, 2006 2:11 pm

God this forum is getting pretty wierd.
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby Madison » Sun May 07, 2006 2:56 am

fantasy_warrior wrote:Yeah, I'm getting pretty annoyed at the ineptitude of everyone here.


You are getting annoyed? Probably the funniest thing you've said since you joined. :-b

fantasy_warrior wrote:the "charade" was brought on by ya'll.


Yeah, heaven forbid that this board is frequented by people from all over the world, all of which have many different customs, hobbies, activities, etc., so maybe you could have answered a simple question instead of the extremely poor attempt at humor. :-t

fantasy_warrior wrote:I guess people on General Talk online forums don't have a sense of humor....not my problem.


We can't help it that you're not funny. It's not like the majority was laughing (well, they were laughing, but at you, not with you) or anything, it was pretty much agreed upon by everyone that you are not funny. That should lead you to believe that you are in fact the one with the problem, if you use that common sense thing you speak of. ;-7
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Pacman » Sun May 07, 2006 9:47 am

I guess I'll weigh in. Put as simply as I can think: this person has probably written 3,000 words in here since he recently joined. I've read about 2,500 or those words and I've been neither amused nor informed by any of them.

Additionaly, this person has repeatedly been combative and argumentitive, a violation of the no instigatin' rule at the top of the page.

The best advice is Madison's, who said if you don't feed the trolls, they'll go away. At this point that's what we all need to do. Ignore this person.



This is an amazing place on many levels. It's useful and informative for Fantasy Baseball folks, and it's also entertaining and amusing. The main reason that it's been this way for as long as it has, is because trouble makers are just NOT allowed to bring it down with their troll antics. For that I salute the mods. ;-D
Image
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2569
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Birthplace of the US Navy

Postby fantasy_warrior » Sun May 07, 2006 4:55 pm

Madison wrote:
fantasy_warrior wrote:Yeah, I'm getting pretty annoyed at the ineptitude of everyone here.


You are getting annoyed? Probably the funniest thing you've said since you joined. :-b

fantasy_warrior wrote:the "charade" was brought on by ya'll.


Yeah, heaven forbid that this board is frequented by people from all over the world, all of which have many different customs, hobbies, activities, etc., so maybe you could have answered a simple question instead of the extremely poor attempt at humor. :-t

fantasy_warrior wrote:I guess people on General Talk online forums don't have a sense of humor....not my problem.


We can't help it that you're not funny. It's not like the majority was laughing (well, they were laughing, but at you, not with you) or anything, it was pretty much agreed upon by everyone that you are not funny. That should lead you to believe that you are in fact the one with the problem, if you use that common sense thing you speak of. ;-7


Who's the instigator here?
"Don't mess with the bull, son, you'll get the horns."~Justin Timberlake
"You guys wasn't gettin' paid to leave the dogs babysittin' the sheep while you stem the rose."~The Sound of Music
fantasy_warrior
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 67
Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: El Paso, Texas

Postby fantasy_warrior » Sun May 07, 2006 5:23 pm

Pacman wrote:I guess I'll weigh in. Put as simply as I can think: this person has probably written 3,000 words in here since he recently joined. I've read about 2,500 or those words and I've been neither amused nor informed by any of them.


Since you're either physically or mentally unable to use the search feature, I've done it for you. The following are threads in which I've offered fantasy baseball help. There are twice as many threads related to baseball help than general talk forum threads.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=200438&highlight=
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=200622&highlight=
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=199189&highlight=
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=199177&highlight=
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=199155&highlight=
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198777&highlight=
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198575&highlight=
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198487&highlight=

There goes the old adage: It's better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Additionaly, this person has repeatedly been combative and argumentitive, a violation of the no instigatin' rule at the top of the page.


I also believe the no spittin' and no instigatin' rules at the top refers to not being disrespectful to the interests of others. From the first time I posted that I liked riding horses in here, people were making jokes about me having sex with them. I assumed that if people could makes beastiality jokes, that'd be ok if I also engaged in some tomfoolery and made a joke about massive oil painting. In all, I think there were more posts poking at me than there were me poking at others, being "combative," or being "argumentative."

The best advice is Madison's, who said if you don't feed the trolls, they'll go away. At this point that's what we all need to do. Ignore this person.


It's funny that before you even used the search feature (obviously), you've labeled me a "troll." I use the general talk forum just like the rest of you. The only difference is that you've all been here for awhile, so you throw around the label "troll" to make ya'll feel more important. I've started a thread about introducing myself (hardly trolling), another thread about peoples favorite kind of cheese, and one other thread that shared an experience on the ranch.

Everyone knows how the post introducing myself went. The cheese question has gone just fine as far as I know. As soon as I made the post about my Palomino, I started getting attacked (because "no Texan would ever say a horse has fur"), accused of lying, trolling, and this that and the other thing. This doesn't even consider the fact that it's the General Talk forum!! I didn't see anyone else talkin about anything that meaningful or any baseball stuff on this forum. All I saw was people BSing, so I tried to join in, but as soon as I do, I get slammed for trying to be social.

:-o Gee...Thanks for the warm welcome... 8-o

This is an amazing place on many levels. It's useful and informative for Fantasy Baseball folks, and it's also entertaining and amusing. The main reason that it's been this way for as long as it has, is because trouble makers are just NOT allowed to bring it down with their troll antics. For that I salute the mods. ;-D


I use this place appropriately just like all of you who are accusing me of being a "troll." Maybe you could start by telling me what're considered acceptable BS topics vs. unacceptable BS topics on the "General Discussion" Forum ;-7
"Don't mess with the bull, son, you'll get the horns."~Justin Timberlake
"You guys wasn't gettin' paid to leave the dogs babysittin' the sheep while you stem the rose."~The Sound of Music
fantasy_warrior
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 67
Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: El Paso, Texas

Postby Madison » Mon May 08, 2006 2:08 am

fantasy_warrior wrote:
Madison wrote:
fantasy_warrior wrote:Yeah, I'm getting pretty annoyed at the ineptitude of everyone here.


You are getting annoyed? Probably the funniest thing you've said since you joined. :-b

fantasy_warrior wrote:the "charade" was brought on by ya'll.


Yeah, heaven forbid that this board is frequented by people from all over the world, all of which have many different customs, hobbies, activities, etc., so maybe you could have answered a simple question instead of the extremely poor attempt at humor. :-t

fantasy_warrior wrote:I guess people on General Talk online forums don't have a sense of humor....not my problem.


We can't help it that you're not funny. It's not like the majority was laughing (well, they were laughing, but at you, not with you) or anything, it was pretty much agreed upon by everyone that you are not funny. That should lead you to believe that you are in fact the one with the problem, if you use that common sense thing you speak of. ;-7


Who's the instigator here?


Not instigating in the least. Simply trying to put an end to this stupidity without having to lock or remove this thread, but for some strange reason you keep dragging it along.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby warrick95 » Mon May 08, 2006 2:13 am

This thread has confused me as much as Rico did.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5440
Joined: 27 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The empty seat next to the Tampa Bay heckler

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Sep. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact