Don't ruin it for me.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cincinnati Reds

Don't ruin it for me....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Don't ruin it for me....

Postby SkeetNation » Wed May 03, 2006 12:05 am

Yeah I know they can't keep hitting at such a torrid pace, that the bullpen can't stay decent, that Bronson Arroyo will get figured out by NL hitters the 2nd time around, and that Brandon Phillips will turn back into a pumpkin at midnight.

But DAMN its nice to see the Redlegs 19-8. 2/3 from the Astros and took both from the Cards, and now going out west to fatten up that record against Colorado and Arizona.

This team has a different fell this year thats hard to explain. Last year when they got down you knew there would be no clutch hitting to bring them back, now its not a question of IF but WHO will knock in a couple of needed runs when they get in a pinch.

I think their winning is just putting people in a better mood. Hell I go to the concession stand to get a few cold ones and its run by some Inner City Baseball Foundation or whatever, I threw a couple singles in the tip jar and asked the guy pouring my beers if he would just fill up the 36oz cups they use for pops instead of the normal 12oz cups for beer.

Lo and behold we're going back to our seats with 36oz Budwesiers. God Bless America.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
SkeetNation
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed May 03, 2006 12:12 am

i guess this is general talk. i mean by definition it is, but i feel odd about it...
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed May 03, 2006 9:06 am

yeah, i handt been following actual standings early on, and i saw an article in the paper about "Reds win 15th" or something and i thought it was a misprint and had to check the standings...twice
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: Don't ruin it for me....

Postby knapplc » Wed May 03, 2006 9:12 am

SkeetNation wrote:Yeah I know they can't keep hitting at such a torrid pace, that the bullpen can't stay decent, that Bronson Arroyo will get figured out by NL hitters the 2nd time around, and that Brandon Phillips will turn back into a pumpkin at midnight.

But DAMN its nice to see the Redlegs 19-8. 2/3 from the Astros and took both from the Cards, and now going out west to fatten up that record against Colorado and Arizona.

This team has a different fell this year thats hard to explain. Last year when they got down you knew there would be no clutch hitting to bring them back, now its not a question of IF but WHO will knock in a couple of needed runs when they get in a pinch.

I think their winning is just putting people in a better mood. Hell I go to the concession stand to get a few cold ones and its run by some Inner City Baseball Foundation or whatever, I threw a couple singles in the tip jar and asked the guy pouring my beers if he would just fill up the 36oz cups they use for pops instead of the normal 12oz cups for beer.

Lo and behold we're going back to our seats with 36oz Budwesiers. God Bless America.

Well, all I can say is that I hope they keep this up. I have Brandon Phillips, Bronson Arroyo and Scott Hatteberg in my starting lineup this week and I’m winning. I had a feeling Arroyo would do well in the NL and I drafted him as my second pitcher. So far it’s looking like a good pickup.

I wish your boys well. And that’s coming from a Cubs fan. :-o

PS – congratulations on the beers! ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby theclefe » Wed May 03, 2006 5:02 pm

knapplc wrote:
SkeetNation wrote:Yeah I know they can't keep hitting at such a torrid pace, that the bullpen can't stay decent, that Bronson Arroyo will get figured out by NL hitters the 2nd time around, and that Brandon Phillips will turn back into a pumpkin at midnight.

Well, all I can say is that I hope they keep this up. I have Brandon Phillips, Bronson Arroyo and Scott Hatteberg in my starting lineup this week and I’m winning. I had a feeling Arroyo would do well in the NL and I drafted him as my second pitcher. So far it’s looking like a good pickup.

Hatteberg? I think you drank a few of those 36 oz. beers. :-b
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby knapplc » Wed May 03, 2006 5:42 pm

theclefe wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Hatteberg? I think you drank a few of those 36 oz. beers. :-b

He's not my first choice, believe me. I had DLee and didn't draft a backup because Lee hasn’t been on the DL once in his 7-year career. My mistake.

Besides, when I was shopping for a replacement I saw this:

CBS Sportsline wrote:Scott Hatteberg has re-established himself as the Reds' everyday first baseman. He is on a six-game hitting streak, going 10-for-20 in Fantasy Week 3 (April 17-23).
(Updated 04/24/2006).
FANTASY ANALYSIS
Hatteberg is more of an NL-only 1B option, but a must-start in those formats at this point. Consider him an emergency option in deeper mixed leagues if you have a hole at the position for Fantasy Week 4 (April 24-30).

The day after I read this and put Hatty in my weekly lineup Aurilia started in his place.

I'm trying to trade for Helton right now. Wish me luck. :-o
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 03, 2006 5:54 pm

This just doesn't seem general talk enough for me. I really don't feel right
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby theclefe » Wed May 03, 2006 6:47 pm

acsguitar wrote:This just doesn't seem general talk enough for me. I really don't feel right

Is that a subtle request for more breast references?

theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Fri May 05, 2006 8:06 pm

no one will agree with me on this, but ive got a much different vibe from the reds this year...

...i live in san diego and cant watch the reds on tv, so me and my dad buy the radio broadcast and we listen to marty and steve everyday...

...now its been a dreadful 6 years since our last winning season, and it sucks...

...im usually optimistic every year, because for some reason we win at the beginning of the year, then plummet...

...i have a feeling this years different...not because my optimism has changed, or been elevated, but from a few signs...

1. The Reds are doing things they haven't done in the past (play small ball, get a bunt down, steal a base, manufacture runs),

2. The pitching is better. Everyone can argue against the fact that their starting pitching sucks, but i disagree...harang is a baller, and is developing, arroyo is pitching great (i don't think he'll win 17, but i think he'll be solid), and claussen is young, is learning, and i think has great stuff...now i know williams and milton sucks, but our offense can pick up the slack of their mediocre starts once in a while...while you can argue that our bullpen sucks, but its getting better, why? (we lead the league in innings pitched by starters)

3. Encarnacion and Phillips are for real...i can't say phillips will be a baller, but he's a solid player with speed who gets on, steals bases and is efficient...and encarnacion is a budding star...if griffey comes back and puts up numbers like last year...this team will contend for a playoff spot...

Now could they plummet in two weeks? Yes, can't say it wouldn't surprise...but everything that has made them terrible the last few years has completely turned around...

*ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO READ ALL THIS, LOOK BELOW MY SIGNATURE...YOU'LL GET THE IDEA...*

For those of you who picked the Reds to be last in the central (including espn and si)...i hate all of you, and you are wrong...
thatohiosportsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Cincinnati Reds