Best Fantasy squad you ever seen???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Best Fantasy squad you ever seen????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Fantasy squad you ever seen????

Postby slick56 » Tue May 02, 2006 2:59 pm

10 team head to head keeper league in existance for 3 yrs. Me another team are arguing over who has the better team. He made some good trades and drafted very well and this is what he has now team 1. My team is below team 2.

TEAM 1
Mauer,Teixeira,Utley,Jeter,Blalock,Beltran,Abreu,M Ordonez,Giambi,Thome
J Santana,Prior,Oswalt,Harden,Bedard,Sabathia,Pineiro,Harang K-rod,Nathan.

or my team....

Team2
VMartinez,Delgado,Soriano,F Lopez,Ensberg,M Ramirez,VGuererro,Dunn,Swisher,Morneau

Halladay,Myers,Bonderman,Webb,Vazquez,Verlander,Olie Perez,Lowry, E Santana,Lidge,C Ray

what do ya think?
"I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle"
slick56
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby johntudor » Tue May 02, 2006 3:43 pm

For this season, team 1 is a little better offensively and a lot better in terms of pitching IMO. Both teams would have another closer or two and a couple less SPs if they were mine though...
johntudor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ZegSOX » Tue May 02, 2006 3:51 pm

I think team 2 is better!

The pitching for team 1 is soo over rated.

including prior, santana(trouble getting wins with the twins), oswalt has has up and down starts, and harden is hurt!

I like team 2's offense better also, VMartinez has a huge upside over Mauer, and alot of the players on team 2 have been HOT!

I like TEAM2 by a long shot!!!
ZegSOX
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BTOWNHESS » Tue May 02, 2006 7:01 pm

1. Catchers- I give you the nod because Vmart is already great and mauer still hasnt put it together and plays on a terrible team

2. 1B- Even if it werent a keeper league Tex is good for 40 homers and 130 RBI's for the next decade. Delgado maybe has 2 more great years left.

3. 2B-Depending on the long term future for Soriano he might not even be 2B eligible next year and his value will drop, so for a keeper league I will take Utley, a young power 2B playing in a hitters park.

4. SS- Jeter is a superior baseball player to Lopez, but with the SB's and age, Lopez is the pick here in a keeper league.

5. 3B- This is another close one but as Ensberg continues to show he wasnt a one year wonder he will be far more valuable.

6. OF- This one is very close as well, but I give the edge to you because of the ridiculous power numbers from Vlad, Man-Ram and Dunn

7. Bench- Def. goes to you, because of age.

8- Pitching- Johan, Oswalt Prior and Harden is just plain cheating...granted Harden and Prior have injury issues, but those are 4 of the top 7 SP for a keeper league.

If I had to pick one squad for myself to play with it would be team 1 because the pitching is so much better, but overall its close.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team