Any Troublemakers in your League? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any Troublemakers in your League?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Philly_05 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:29 am

None that I can think of. I have been in the same keeper league going on 4-5 years now. My only baseball league... We never have had any problems all that time. A great commish also but some owners get to be a pain. Our 1 girl in the league falls in love with her players. So if the player is on her team you will never have him. You have a better chance of walking down the street an seeing 1,000 models nude. Than trading with her. Then a new guy this year won't make a choice. He always makes you wait days an days when he is thinking. So you end up just moving on an trading with another team. But the karma of it all the girl who will never trade is in last place. I'm loving it every single day. ;-)
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 635)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Tue May 02, 2006 1:43 am

There's one manager in my league who sends me terrible offers all the time. He frames them using the Yahoo O-Ranks, to make it look like I'm getting an incredible deal when they're actually ridiculously in his favor. F. Cordero for my Papelbon? How can I lose?!

At least I'm getting offers though.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Zito is God » Tue May 02, 2006 11:33 am

F. Cordero for my Papelbon? How can I lose?!

This made me chuckle quite a bit :)

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cobra_Kai » Tue May 02, 2006 12:09 pm

Some managers go overboard, but I kind of feel like trash-talking is to be expected, as long as it's not too personal or offensive, and provided that you have at least some level of familiarity with the rest of the managers.

For instance, one guy in my league made a gripe last week about how Lidge killed him one day with an ERA of 54.00. I promptly responded with "that's why you don't take closers in the first round". (yes, he took Lidge 10th overall.)

We are friends in real life, so it's cool. Things like that pop up in our league all the time - one manager was crowing about how well his team was doing, so we all told him to enjoy the Shelton boost while it lasts. More or less harmless stuff.

I can never figure how people get so worked up over fantasy baseball.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers