Any Troublemakers in your League? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any Troublemakers in your League?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any Troublemakers in your League?

Postby bigbadfridge » Mon May 01, 2006 10:49 pm

I traded my Crawford for this guys Podsednik and Peralta about 2 weeks ago. He was talking smack for days on end about he "ripped me off", but it looks like its the other way around with Pods heating up and Crawford still not producing. Yet, the guy is still talking about my team and myself as a manager. Anyone have problem managers like this in their league?
bigbadfridge
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby Zito is God » Mon May 01, 2006 10:57 pm

We have one in our league, he talks a lot of smack about me as a manager, as a commish, my team, my rules, everything basically (if hes serious, why join the league if you have so many problems with it right?). I learned that if you completely ignore him, and the rest of your league is mature (they will ignore him as well if they are), he will just get bored. Sooner rather then later we ebnded up telling him he'll be kicked out next year if he doesn't cool it and he kinda backed off...although he still has some smack here and there.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dark Knight » Mon May 01, 2006 11:19 pm

:-D This is funny. Who cares what a guy types on his keyboard? It's no threat to you and your manhood. Now if he shows up at your front door with a large gun, that's another story alltogether :-o .
Dark Knight
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cobbs87 » Mon May 01, 2006 11:38 pm

My league has a power hungry commish. He vetoes perfectly fair trades and gets mad when anyone else comments. He also hates issues between managers that don't involve him. He vetoed...Hafner, and Danny Baez for Mora, Johan Santanna and Tim Worrell. His basis was Hafner and Mora are about equal...how is he commisioner? :-?
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon May 01, 2006 11:55 pm

We continually gripe at each other, I was the commissioner last year but have a new, busier job and deferred to one of my leaguemates. It is pretty much constant sniping but it is very entertaining. We have 3 die hard Cards' fans and 5 or so Cubs fans and a Yankees fan and then there's spillover from football (Bears, Rams, Bucs, Steelers, etc....) that gets brought up when appropriate. It's part of the fun... ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Dark Knight » Tue May 02, 2006 12:08 am

AcidRock23 wrote:We continually gripe at each other, I was the commissioner last year but have a new, busier job and deferred to one of my leaguemates. It is pretty much constant sniping but it is very entertaining. We have 3 die hard Cards' fans and 5 or so Cubs fans and a Yankees fan and then there's spillover from football (Bears, Rams, Bucs, Steelers, etc....) that gets brought up when appropriate. It's part of the fun... ;-D

Unless you are a coward that is :-o .
Dark Knight
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby spacehamster01 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:04 am

My commish in my league calls legal things "Bush League." Like one time I benched all my guys (when I already had no chance to win HRs and RBI, behind by 9 and 15 respectively by mid week) to keep up my .320 avg. I ended up winning AVG.

He said this in a league post:
Post Titile: Thats bush league
we're supposed to be the managers of our team, and tell me a situation when you would bench all your players in MLB? that's what i thought.

Then he said this after I argued it was strategy and there were no rules against it:
JUST SHUT THE [beep] UP. YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE THIS A BIG DEAL. ALL I SAID WAS THAT IT WAS BUSH LEAGUE, A [beep] MOVE. SURE, IT'S LEGAL BUT IT'S JUST A [beep] MOVE.

and then a couple weeks later...

you are an embarassment to everybody who has/will ever play fantasy baseball.

Sad part is i know this guy in real life and we have like 2 classes together at school. Everybody in my league thinks he is taking Fantasy Baseball a bit seriously, considering the most anyone in our 14 man league can only win $100. Well I guess thats quite a bit for some high schoolers...

He is definitely starting to piss me off.
spacehamster01
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:11 am

spacehamster01 wrote:My commish in my league calls legal things "Bush League." Like one time I benched all my guys (when I already had no chance to win HRs and RBI, behind by 9 and 15 respectively by mid week) to keep up my .320 avg. I ended up winning AVG.

we're supposed to be the managers of our team, and tell me a situation when you would bench all your players in MLB? that's what i thought.

Then he said this after I argued it was strategy and there were no rules against it:
JUST SHUT THE [beep] UP. YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE THIS A BIG DEAL. ALL I SAID WAS THAT IT WAS BUSH LEAGUE, A [beep] MOVE. SURE, IT'S LEGAL BUT IT'S JUST A [beep] MOVE.

Sad part is i know this guy in real life and we have like 2 classes together at school. Everybody in my league thinks he is taking Fantasy Baseball a bit seriously, considering the most anyone in our 14 man league can only win $100. Well I guess thats quite a bit for some high schoolers...

I think that it's funny to call things in Fantasy Baseball 'bush league'!! LOL... :-D ;-D

If I were in your league, I would specifically try to do those sort of things over and over and over again, just to annoy him...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby TaturCity34 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:13 am

spacehamster01 wrote:My commish in my league calls legal things "Bush League." Like one time I benched all my guys (when I already had no chance to win HRs and RBI, behind by 9 and 15 respectively by mid week) to keep up my .320 avg. I ended up winning AVG.

That's a tricky one...I agree with your commish personally...however, your league doesn't sound like its very high stakes or serious so if he wants to be mad he should find a serious internet league or something.
TaturCity34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dark Knight » Tue May 02, 2006 1:18 am

Grown men fighting over a fantasy baseball league is like grown men arguing over who's dad can beat up who's dad. My dad id tougher than your dad, no he's not. It appears that some fantasy players have yet to be weened from their mom's teets ;-) . :~( over the way a guy in your league runs his fantasy team is juvenile behavior at best, and makes you look like a baby.
Dark Knight
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers