SAT - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

SAT

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dem warriors » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:05 pm

Yeah junior years sucks. SATs suck. I took a class for the SATs when i was in high school so i think thats the way to go. At least get a book. GET the princeton review one. And just go through the whole thing. Yeah thank god for no more SATs. YES college is sweet cuz there are no SATs ahhaha. ;-D

[url=http://demwarriors.tripod.com/]My Sigs[/url]
dem warriors
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DC nats05 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:47 pm

My parents made me take this college prep camp which ends tomorow! :-) I heard that the princeton review was the way to go so i think ill look into more of their stuff.
DC nats05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:58 pm

I didn't study at all for it until a bit on the last day, and I did just fine. I don't see what the big deal is about it, it really wasn't that hard, it was just boring and took way too long. Anyways, I may just end up going to a school in Canada. A very good education for a much cheaper price.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby jzfran » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:24 pm

Like mweir, I also studied just a little bit on the last night. I did some practice test problems from the Princeton Review book and skimmed thru some vocab. It's impossible to study what's on the test because you have no idea what will be on it, so be very knowledgable on the rules and format andread all the test taking tips in the review books.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby brandnew » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:17 pm

I took a class and improved my score about 250 points.

The classes are alright... but only if you have a good teacher. Otherwise I'd bet it's pretty pointless. I had a great teacher, really broke things down well.

Anyways, the most important thing is the practice tests... gets you familiarized with the test, and the more you take it the more you're just like "yadda yadda yadda this is a breeze." The classes help a lot if you pay attention cause you realize what general thing you're doing wrong, what you can do differently, etc. and it's all explained by a person rather than a book. Just remember that there's usually always a simple answer to every question.. reasoning test not an information test.

Also, I'd reccommend getting the newspaper everyday. Just read anything you can, but the newspaper is the best. Just every morning sit down and read some articles for about 20 minutes with breakfast. It'll increase your reading comprehension, vocabulary (if you look words up), and maybe most importantly it'll put ideas in your head and make you aware of what's going on in the world... this is extremely important for writing essays. You just have more things/issues to pick and choose from, rather than just fantasy baseball.

On test taking day make sure that the SAT isn't the first thing you read. Warm yourself up by reading the newspaper or something.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby roninmedia » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:24 pm

Not much. I was mostly sure I had a scholarship to a school locked up. :-°
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby suppasonic » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:43 am

jzfran wrote:I got 630 on the US History. Lit was another story though. I got a 510.

BTW, how were everyone's AP scores?

4 on History, 5 on English Lang, 4 on Latin Poetry.

Hopefully that should help me get in to where I want to go along with my SAT scores which were pretty good 2150.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby jzfran » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:29 am

suppasonic wrote:
jzfran wrote:I got 630 on the US History. Lit was another story though. I got a 510.

Hopefully that should help me get in to where I want to go along with my SAT scores which were pretty good 2150.

I also got a 4 on the US History for AP. Your 2150 should get you in most places. Dont most schools not use AP scores as admissions criteria? I thought it was just for the college credit?
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:00 pm

jzfran wrote:
suppasonic wrote:

I also got a 4 on the US History for AP. Your 2150 should get you in most places. Dont most schools not use AP scores as admissions criteria? I thought it was just for the college credit?

3 in Physics, 3 in US History, 3 in Biology, 4 in Literature, 4 in Calculus, 2 in Art History (haha i slept everyday during the slides)

1470 on the SAT (back then with the 1600 scale)

i forgot my SAT II scores.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby suppasonic » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:10 pm

jzfran wrote:
suppasonic wrote:

Eh, and they help quantify your class grade. If you get an A in the class and a 2 on the AP, or vice versa, it shows some different things.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk