Which one? Simon or Cox - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which one? Simon or Cox

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which one? Simon or Cox

Postby 2times » Sun Apr 21, 2002 6:23 pm

Who do you like better this year? Randall Simon or Steve Cox?
2times

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:23 am

I don't suppose you're looking for an answer such as, "I like 'em both..."

Choosing one of these two is extremely difficult: both have lots of talent, both are similar hitters, both are red-hot. At the moment, Simon's stats look a little better (in spite of Cox' .370 average) - he's showing a bit more power, and has only struck out once. Still, it's too early to rely on stats alone.

My choice would be Cox, for just one reason: when these guys have slumps (and at their level of experience, they will), the Rays will show more patience with Cox than Detroit with Simon. Cox' name will appear in the box score all season, but the Tigers have lots of options at dh, especially since they're now planning on using one primary catcher. I don't think anybody can accurately forecast which of these guys will finish the season with more hr or a higher average, but the odds are in favor of Cox playing more games. Go with him.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 2times » Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:57 pm

Thanks arlo, you confirmed my thinking. I was leaning towards Cox despite Simon's better power for just that reason of Cox's PT guarantee (and apparently Simon's power is coming as a surprise to some according to TSN). I'm trying to work a deal of my Nomar, Boone, and Simon for his LuGo, Kent, and Cox, but i wanted to check what you guys thought. It will leave me with Aurilia at SS and Biggio at 2base w/ Kent at 2base of course.
2times

Postby 2times » Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:18 am

whoops...i meant biggio at MI
2times

Postby swingaway » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:59 am

seems like these 2 guy s where a hot pick up 2 seasons ago now there both worthless simon is on the bench now i think and cox is somewhere in a japan league i think.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby L0rdB23 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:47 am

swingaway wrote:seems like these 2 guy s where a hot pick up 2 seasons ago now there both worthless simon is on the bench now i think and cox is somewhere in a japan league i think.

dude look at the date of this original post .. Sun Apr 21, 2002 .. i think its just a bid outdated
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Which one? Simon or Cox

Postby Area51's » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:50 am

2times wrote:Who do you like better this year? Randall Simon or Steve Cox?

Cox for my overseas league......oh wait..... !+)
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:52 am

L0rdB23 wrote:
swingaway wrote:seems like these 2 guy s where a hot pick up 2 seasons ago now there both worthless simon is on the bench now i think and cox is somewhere in a japan league i think.

dude look at the date of this original post .. Sun Apr 21, 2002 .. i think its just a bid outdated

Now I know how Mad has those high post totals. 8-o :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby ramble2 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:26 pm

L0rdB23 wrote:

Yea, what's up with resurrecting all these old posts? Does someone have a lot of time on their hands? !+)
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 6)

Return to Baseball Leftovers