Reds lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Reds lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Mon May 01, 2006 8:45 pm

[quote="slomo007"]To the dismay of fantasy owners everywhere....in real life:

Aurilia>Freel[/quote]

Do you even watch or listen to the Reds? I Disagree. Can Aurilla effectivly leadoff? No. Can he play the OF? No. Can he run? No. Is he cheaper than Freel? No. Aurilla should play utility with Denofria as 4th OF (just like the did with Juan Encarnacion, Jose Guillen, & Wily Mo) to build up his value get him some MLB ABs. Dunn @ 1B, Phillips @2B, Lopez @ SS, Edwin @ 3B, Griffey in LF, Freel in CF, & Kearns in RF is the best lineup defensively and offensively.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Mon May 01, 2006 8:51 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:To the dismay of fantasy owners everywhere....in real life:

Aurilia>Freel

Do you even watch or listen to the Reds? I Disagree. Can Aurilla effectivly leadoff? No. Can he play the OF? No. Can he run? No. Is he cheaper than Freel? No. Aurilla should play utility with Denofria as 4th OF (just like the did with Juan Encarnacion, Jose Guillen, & Wily Mo) to build up his value get him some MLB ABs. Dunn @ 1B, Phillips @2B, Lopez @ SS, Edwin @ 3B, Griffey in LF, Freel in CF, & Kearns in RF is the best lineup defensively and offensively.

Cincy doesn't need a leadoff hitter. Put Phillips in the leadoff spot, or put Lopez there and let Phillips hit 2nd.

Freel is the perfect utility player - but he is just that...utility. He is a good guy to have around to give everyone a day off here and there. Aurilia hits for more power and is a perfect hitter to have in the bottom half of the lineup (though I think he should not be anywhere near the top half of the lineup).

Freel should get his ABs, but should not have a permanent position. He is too valuable off the bench.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Havok1517 » Mon May 01, 2006 8:54 pm

[quote="slomo007"][quote="Havok1517"][quote="slomo007"]To the dismay of fantasy owners everywhere....in real life:

Aurilia>Freel[/quote]

Do you even watch or listen to the Reds? I Disagree. Can Aurilla effectivly leadoff? No. Can he play the OF? No. Can he run? No. Is he cheaper than Freel? No. Aurilla should play utility with Denofria as 4th OF (just like the did with Juan Encarnacion, Jose Guillen, & Wily Mo) to build up his value get him some MLB ABs. Dunn @ 1B, Phillips @2B, Lopez @ SS, Edwin @ 3B, Griffey in LF, Freel in CF, & Kearns in RF is the best lineup defensively and offensively.[/quote]

Cincy doesn't need a leadoff hitter. Put Phillips in the leadoff spot, or put Lopez there and let Phillips hit 2nd.

Freel is the perfect utility player - but he is just that...utility. He is a good guy to have around to give everyone a day off here and there. Aurilia hits for more power and is a perfect hitter to have in the bottom half of the lineup (though I think he should not be anywhere near the top half of the lineup).

Freel should get his ABs, but should not have a permanent position. He is too valuable off the bench.[/quote]

So you're going to trust Phillips who has only had a week and half of MLB success to leadoff??? I told youy the best lineup. Griffey can't cover the ground Freel can either.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby slomo007 » Mon May 01, 2006 8:58 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:To the dismay of fantasy owners everywhere....in real life:

Aurilia>Freel

Freel should get his ABs, but should not have a permanent position. He is too valuable off the bench.

So you're going to trust Phillips who has only had a week and half of MLB success to leadoff??? I told youy the best lineup. Griffey can't cover the ground Freel can either.

Yes, yes I am. It's not like Phillips came out of nowhere.

Also, keep in mind that I said Freel should still get his ABs by giving days off to almost everyone. So he could lead off most of the time.

And you are still neglecting the fact that Griffey has said repeatedly that he is not willing to move from CF.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Havok1517 » Mon May 01, 2006 9:00 pm

Then he's hurting the team and you demand he moves like Soriano, he;ll move. He's no better than Mays was and he moved.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby phunkadelic » Tue May 02, 2006 12:29 pm

They will be keeping Dunn in the OF.

Dunn absolutely hates playing 1B. They're not going to move him there and upset him unless it becomes a necessity.

And as bad of a defensive outfielder as he is, he's twice as bad at first base. :-P
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers