Mets Fans!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets Fans!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thehat » Tue May 02, 2006 4:06 am

I don't see Diaz as anything more than a spare part with most teams. He's never going to hit for avg and his defense is atrocious. Okay power, but he's a dime a dozen guy for the most part.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mortician » Tue May 02, 2006 7:12 pm

diaz is garbage. At the maximum of his potential is prob 30 HR's, but with a 250-260 avg and maybe 70 runs scored and a huge defensive liability unless he gets switched back to second base, where hes now too fat and slow to play anymore. Theres no way he could accomplish those stats this year, nor anytime in the future if he stays in NY. No place for him. The only way he could ever reach those stats is maybe in 2 years, if he gets traded to a team like the nationals, or the twins who has the need for a full time outfielder. Hes a waste and the mets should get what they can right now....Its a shame that he was the one that blocked the trade of soriano to the mets at the end of 2004 because the mets didnt want to give him up. We wouldn't have had to deal with the crappy matsui for this year and last. Although, who knows...we prob wouldnt have been able to spend all the money we have in the past 2 offseasons with soriano on board and the team might have been completely different at the present time. As far as i'm concerned, we're 7 games ahead of the braves right now and i wouldnt trade that for anything!
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Knicks4ever » Tue May 02, 2006 8:47 pm

Mortician wrote:diaz is garbage. At the maximum of his potential is prob 30 HR's, but with a 250-260 avg and maybe 70 runs scored and a huge defensive liability unless he gets switched back to second base, where hes now too fat and slow to play anymore. Theres no way he could accomplish those stats this year, nor anytime in the future if he stays in NY. No place for him. The only way he could ever reach those stats is maybe in 2 years, if he gets traded to a team like the nationals, or the twins who has the need for a full time outfielder. Hes a waste and the mets should get what they can right now....Its a shame that he was the one that blocked the trade of soriano to the mets at the end of 2004 because the mets didnt want to give him up. We wouldn't have had to deal with the crappy matsui for this year and last. Although, who knows...we prob wouldnt have been able to spend all the money we have in the past 2 offseasons with soriano on board and the team might have been completely different at the present time. As far as i'm concerned, we're 7 games ahead of the braves right now and i wouldnt trade that for anything!

i definatly wouldnt call him garbage, he is a 24 year old outfielder who is already major leauge ready offensive player. I definatly think that he can hit over 260 as he nearly hit over that last year. He isnt a great defencive player, but is he really that much worse than manny or soriano in the outfield? i dont think so and they are both all star players. I never invision him as a great defencive player but he can be a very good offensive player in the future and for that he certianly has value.
Knicks4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers