Humberto Sanchez thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

Humberto Sanchez thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby moochman » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:46 pm

I gotta stop reading all this stuff or I am going to have to find out where the line for playoff tix starts.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dannomyte » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:33 am

The Humberto Sanchez Merry-Go-Round continues!

Sanchez promoted again: Humberto Sanchez's one-time start for Triple-A Toledo last week apparently earned him an encore. He was called back to the Mud Hens Monday and slated to start for them Tuesday at home against Syracuse.

Sanchez was effective in his Triple-A debut last Thursday at Buffalo, where he scattered a run on six hits over 5 2/3 innings with five strikeouts. That was supposed to be a spot start, but he's expected to join the Toledo rotation, essentially filling Zach Miner's old spot.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcqfesijiba » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:11 pm

Dannomyte wrote:The Humberto Sanchez Merry-Go-Round continues!

Sanchez promoted again: Humberto Sanchez's one-time start for Triple-A Toledo last week apparently earned him an encore. He was called back to the Mud Hens Monday and slated to start for them Tuesday at home against Syracuse.

Sanchez was effective in his Triple-A debut last Thursday at Buffalo, where he scattered a run on six hits over 5 2/3 innings with five strikeouts. That was supposed to be a spot start, but he's expected to join the Toledo rotation, essentially filling Zach Miner's old spot.
I heard about his short stay at Toledo before, but I had a feeling he'd be back in Toledo before long. He was just too good to send back down with an open spot still needing filled in Toledo, so I can't say this is too surprising.

Also, another big wow. Non-prospect Chad freaking Durbin with a complete game shutout. Now sporting a 2.82 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, and a 68/18 K/BB ratio in 85 IP. It's Sean Douglass all over again.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dannomyte » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:05 pm

Humberto Sanchez dominates at AAA again.

Tonights line for Humberto's 2nd win at AAA.

7IP 3 Hits 0 ER 1BB 7 K's

Last edited by Dannomyte on Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mcqfesijiba » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:19 am

Can Zach Miner feel it? It's the breath of Wil Ledezma and Humberto Sanchez as they breathe down his neck for that rotation spot.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby moochman » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:03 pm

I would think that Minor has two bad games in him and he goes back to Toledo. I hope that doesn't happen simply because that would mean he doesn't have two bad outings.

As for feeling pressure, the dude looks pretty tight when he pitches. As long as he can keep the team in games I don't see Leyland sending him down for an unproven Sanchez.

I could see Grilli or Colon sent down to open a spot for a long relief stint for Humberto. Please send Grilli down, he's got nothing. He is a reminder of Tigers pitching past.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mcqfesijiba » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:39 am

*yawn*
6 1/3 more shutout innings for Sanchez on June 18. He now has a whopping 0.47 ERA and 0.84 WHIP with 17 K's in 19 IP. Only 3 starts thus far in AAA.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dannomyte » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:07 am

Humberto's double A and triple A combined numbers so far.

14 starts
91 Innings pitched
1.48 ERA
15 earned runs
58 hits
32 walks
103 strikeouts
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dannomyte » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:32 am

Humberto Sanchez article

ROCHESTER, N.Y. - The Humberto Sanchez train keeps rolling along.

Sanchez dominated once again in his third career Triple-A start, allowing just two hits and combining with two relievers to give Toledo a 3-0 win over the Rochester Red Wings before 9,717 at Frontier Field on a steamy Sunday afternoon.

Sanchez didn't give up a run for his second consecutive start, and his ERA dropped to a minuscule 0.47.

"He's been pretty good so far," manager Larry Parrish said. "He's a big guy that has got pretty good stuff. It was a tough day to pitch with the heat and the wind blowing out to left field."

The burly right-hander's dominance against the International League's top-hitting club didn't escape Red Wings manager Stan Cliburn.

"This guy's going to be good," the Rochester skipper said. "You'll hear from this guy. He has size, and a good angle on his pitches. He almost has a half-like, double-hitch motion in his delivery that will add to his fastball."

Sanchez throws two types of breaking balls, along with a sinker and a fastball. The deadly repertoire gave Rochester batters fits all afternoon.

"I'm just in a groove now," Sanchez said. "I was able to get ahead of the hitters, and was just being aggressive. I have four pitches that I can throw strikes with, so it makes it pretty confusing for the hitters."

The Mud Hens' pitchers are in a groove as well, as the staff has combined to allow just 19 earned runs over the last 111 innings, good for a 1.54 ERA. On Sunday, Chris Spurling pitched 1 2/3 innings of hitless relief, then gave way to closer Lee Gardner, who slammed the door shut with a perfect 1-2-3 ninth.

The win was Toledo's eighth in its last nine games.

"We've played pretty well lately," Sanchez said. "The pitchers are pitching well, and the hitters are hitting well. When you get good pitching and good defense and offense, you're going to win a lot of games."

Sanchez's bid for a no-hitter was broken up by Glenn Williams' two-out single in the fifth inning. In the seventh, Sanchez hit leadoff hitter Kevin West and allowed a Garrett Jones single two batters later before being lifted in favor of Spurling. Spurling induced Luis Maza into an inning-ending double-play, ending the lone Rochester threat of the game.

Toledo scored two runs in the fifth inning off Rochester starter Jason Miller. Mike Hessman led off with his team-leading 14th home run, and Nook Logan's groundout plated Don Kelly.

In the eighth, David Espinosa hit his third homer of the year.

The four-game series continues tonight at 7.

Right-hander Colby Lewis (3-5, 2.99 ERA) will pitch for Toledo; the Red Wings will counter with righty J.D. Durbin (4-2, 2.27).

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... /606190357
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby moochman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:01 pm

When it rains, it pours and for the first time in a decade it's good news that is pouring in.

Our trade positioning keeps improving. ;-D
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Detroit Tigers