The 3 biggest idiot franchises - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The 3 biggest idiot franchises

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Idiot

Postby joeg24 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:45 pm

Hold up... Idiot Franchise... the Twins???

How can a team hovering around 50 mil in salary cap that's been very compeitive the last 5 years be called idiots? Because they are slowly working in a prospect (that this idiot franchise got as a throw in on a trade)? Should we treat him like Prior? Wood? Trade him for Victor Zambrano? Be patient, this one player means so much for this organization, we can't buy a 15 million dollar arm to replace him. this is it... we have to be careful...

I'd say

#1 - Yankees
#2 - Mets
#3 - Dodgers

All of us fantasy rubes could dominate this sport with those unfair advantages these teams fall short with most years (well the last handful for the yankee's).
joeg24
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:45 pm

Halo Homers wrote:Here would be my top 3:

1. Kansas City - Pernenial losers an owner who does not have the pocketbook to compete. They call up their good arms too soon and ruin them.

2. Baltimore - Probably the worse personal decisions over the last 5 years. Looks like they might be turning it around this year.

3. Colorado / Texas (Tie) - Can't seem to find the winning formula in their hitters parks.

Excluded Washington as a special case. Florida in the running, but hey, they've won 2 World Series in 10 years, hard to complain about personal decisions.

As far a the Angel criticism goes, I think the biggest mistake they've made in the last couple of years is letting Jenks and Turnbow go for virtually nothing, now of course both closing. Could you imagine the Angels bullpen with those guys?

KC is owned by a Billionaire. They have the pocket book, esp given the welfare they receive. They are just plain old cheap.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Halo Homers » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:51 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
Halo Homers wrote:Here would be my top 3:

1. Kansas City - Pernenial losers an owner who does not have the pocketbook to compete. They call up their good arms too soon and ruin them.

2. Baltimore - Probably the worse personal decisions over the last 5 years. Looks like they might be turning it around this year.

3. Colorado / Texas (Tie) - Can't seem to find the winning formula in their hitters parks.

Excluded Washington as a special case. Florida in the running, but hey, they've won 2 World Series in 10 years, hard to complain about personal decisions.

As far a the Angel criticism goes, I think the biggest mistake they've made in the last couple of years is letting Jenks and Turnbow go for virtually nothing, now of course both closing. Could you imagine the Angels bullpen with those guys?

KC is owned by a Billionaire. They have the pocket book, esp given the welfare they receive. They are just plain old cheap.

You're right KC just plain cheap.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 126)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:20 pm

patty cheeks wrote:The Reds are pretty idiotic especially the old GM who wont spend a penny.

This is the team I thought up when I read the title. :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jvmillion83 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:20 pm

The most idiotic franchise is KC. They are such a joke. The guy spends the smallest amount possible to put any major league players out on the field. The market opportunities are limited in KC but this owner makes things worse than they already are. Its owners like this guy on why baseball needs a min payroll limit.
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Tavish » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:26 pm

jvmillion83 wrote:The most idiotic franchise is KC. They are such a joke. The guy spends the smallest amount possible to put any major league players out on the field. The market opportunities are limited in KC but this owner makes things worse than they already are. Its owners like this guy on why baseball needs a min payroll limit.

And somehow they managed to outspend the Rockies, Pirates, D-Rays and of course the Marlins.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Dark Knight » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:30 pm

Yankees over the last few years is #1

1.Big Unit
2.Wright
3.Pavano

Nuff said.
Dark Knight
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:33 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Can we add the Mariners? I mean, I'm a fan and all, but they have certainly made their lion's share of boneheaded decisions in the years following Piniella and Gillick. Bob Melvin was atrocious, and Bill Bavasi doesn't seem to want to field a competitive team with the type of talent he's been signing. (Extension for Ibanez? Jarrod Washburn?)

Ibanez is one of the few Mariners who can hit. Washburn pitches at least. Not saying the club is making great moves, but those 2 were not bad.

I think it's more of me thinking that we could have possibly signed better players for around the same amount of money, or less. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic at the moment.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby giants! » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:01 pm

Dark Knight wrote:Yankees over the last few years is #1

1.Big Unit
2.Wright
3.Pavano

Nuff said.

You hunored me with this response. The Big Unit is not dumb management, I wont even get into that. But you cannot say that the Yankees management is the worst in baseball, they are the most willing to spend money. The dumbest managements are the ones who have money but refuse to spend it
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tavish » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:07 pm

giants! wrote:The dumbest managements are the ones who have money but refuse to spend it

Thats exactly the opposite of how I see it. The dumbest managements are those that spend their money poorly. The Royals are guilty of spending their money poorly, but I wouldn't consider them the biggest idiots because there are teams out there that spend a great deal more and haven't succeeded to any higher of a level.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers