33 IP Over, Still Start All These SP's? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

33 IP Over, Still Start All These SP's?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

33 IP Over, Still Start All These SP's?

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:56 am

Ok, I'm 33 IP over in a 4-team roto league with a 1400 IP cap. I just tanked saves so hopefully not playing 3 RP's will open up some innings. I'm gonna keep playing Foulke until I trade him for his ERA and WHIP.
Categories:
W(1st by 8) CG(2nd down 1) SV K(2nd little chance at 1st) ERA(3rd close to 2nd) WHIP(last by a lot)

So, which of these guys should I start or probably more like which should I sit?

Halladay vs CWS
Zito @ Sea
Wolf @ChC
Oswalt @Mil

Tomorrow:
Wood vs Phi
Webb @SF

thanks for the help and remember I'm 33 IP over right now.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby timkell » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:27 am

Well, who to start this week is really not the issue, I guess. You have too many starters if you're using a lot of innings. Trade one for a boost in offense somewhere, then pickup a great middle reliever with great WHIP, ERA, and K numbers. They won't cost you as many innings, and they'll help improve your standings at WHIP and ERA. Francisco Rodriguez seems to be doing great for the last month.

How are you last in WHIP with those pitchers anyway? Maybe some closers killed you?
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby IchiBalls » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:33 am

You absolutely have to start Halladay, Wood and Wolf.
I'd still start Zito. The Mariners offense finally broke out last night, but it was against a crappy Minnesota bullpen in the Metrodome. Other than that they've been having trouble scoring for about a month.
IchiBalls
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pilambp » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:47 am

Zito
Halladay
Wolf

Wood
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby d » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:01 pm

Start:
Halladay vs CWS
Zito @ Sea
Oswalt @Mil
Wood vs Phi

Since you are tanking save, it is hard for your ERA, Whip to keep up. You may need some top reliever to lower the era and whip.
d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Sevillano » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:48 pm

Having to sit one or two of those guys is definitely a big downfall of a four team league. I would say sit Webb because he's the less proven SP and he faces a tough offense. If you really want to get your innings down, sit Oswalt as well.
Sevillano
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:55 pm

I'd start all of them. None of the matchups look that bad for your pitchers. To cut down on innings, trade one or two for some closers or hitters.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:34 pm

timkell wrote:How are you last in WHIP with those pitchers anyway? Maybe some closers killed you?

The answer is Scott Williamson :-t. My WHIP is 1.21, and 3rd is 1.19.

Another problem is that I also have:
J. Williams vs SD
Harden @Ana

I guess I plan on starting all except Webb and Harden, but that is a lot of innings.

Trading is not much of an option unfortunately. My offense is stacked even compared to everyone else's. The only spot I could improve is 2B where I have Aaron Boone. I can't possibly get Brett Boone or Kent and I've been trying forever for Soriano (I need SB's) with no luck. In fact, I have one too many great hitters as Giles/Vlad has to sit.

Do you think I could offer Delgado and one of my pitchers to overwhelm the other owner for Soriano, since thats the only way it could happen? Which SP should I add so he'll definately do it?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:58 pm

Keep in mind that its a keeper league with 3 pitchers kept in addition to one of my three rookies. Right now, I'm thinking: Halladay, Zito and Wood with Webb as my rookie keeper.

I know this should be in the Trades forum, but which SP should I add in with Delgado for Soriano? I can afford to lose Delgado because Vlad would fill in at Utility and I have Helton at 1B. So which SP along with Delgado would blow him away, within reason?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:46 pm

please help. Which SP should I offer with Delgado to ensure that I get Soriano? its a keeper league
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers