Alay Soler - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Alay Soler

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sun May 21, 2006 3:52 pm

Fastball, Curveball, Changeup, Slider :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Mon May 22, 2006 4:56 pm

This is what I had been advocating to my friends for a few weeks now..lets hope I was right.... :-)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:49 pm

What did you guys think? He looked excellent last night. Supposedly, Peterson changed up his warm-up routine to compensate for his early-game struggles. Looks like it worked. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:38 pm

I think he pitched well, and looked good, but I don't expect this every start out. Once he builds a few of these in a row, and we come to expect excellence I'll get more excited.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby j24jags » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:53 pm

hes been like 2 different pitchers out there.
the one who cant throw strikes-first inning of first start, second start
the one who can-rest of first start. yesterday

hopefully the 2nd one shows up more often and he develops into a quality pitcher ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mets9131 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:50 pm

It is time he gets sent down/traded he cant handle the spotlight of nyc. I dont understand why they dont call up Pelfry now to start for Pedro and than replace soler.
mets9131
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:01 pm

mets9131 wrote:It is time he gets sent down/traded he cant handle the spotlight of nyc. I dont understand why they dont call up Pelfry now to start for Pedro and than replace soler.

They don't wanna rush his development. I think they may call him up right after the AS Break tho.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rirruto » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:26 pm

I am not ready to give up on Soler. Word has it that he has been dealing with a calf injury. That could explain his last two outings. Before the Boston and Yankee starts, he was doing well and had a couple of gems. He is still a rookie as well so going through ups and downs comes with the territory.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:42 am

And that's all she wrote, folks. Soler released. Not sure why he was release outright although I guess it's not that big of a deal since he probably wasn't going to make the big league club.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:20 pm

Amazinz wrote:And that's all she wrote, folks. Soler released. Not sure why he was release outright although I guess it's not that big of a deal since he probably wasn't going to make the big league club.

Read this today at work. Oh well. Can't say I'll miss him.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Previous

Return to New York Mets