How`s Prior Coming Along? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

How`s Prior Coming Along?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How`s Prior Coming Along?

Postby x_Momentum » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:27 pm

Apr 28 Carrie Muskat, of Cubs.MLB.com, reports Chicago Cubs P Mark Prior (shoulder) threw 40 pitches Wednesday, April 26, in a batting practice session and will hope to throw a three-inning, 60-pitch session in his next outing. No date for Prior's next session was announced.

he seems to be making a consistent recovery. do you guys have any speculations when he`ll be back in the Chicago Rotation?

& how do you guys think he`ll do when he comes back?
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:06 pm

Prior's being targeted for a mid-May return (as of yesterday anyways). It seems like the timeline could change any day. They're bringing him along slowly, which might turn out to be a good thing - you would probably rather not see 'em rush him back too soon.

By the same token, even if Prior is determined "ready" he'll probably pitch two or three complete-games with 10+ k's, then he'll go out for the next start and strain his elbow again. He's always that kind of risk. My best guess is that he'll give you 15-20 starts and hit the DL a few times. I can't count on that kind of guy if I want to make a play-off run. My plan is to sell high on Prior after he returns and throws a few nice games, maybe deal him for a slightly comparable pitcher who I can count on to help me in the playoffs.

As a disclaimer, I live in MN so I'm not quite as knowledgeable about it as a die-hard Cubs' fan might be. It's funny though, if you go on the Cubs mlb.com fan forum you'll see some pretty hilarious rants about Prior that turn into heated debates between fans. That's usually how I get my Prior updates.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby x_Momentum » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:11 pm

thanks!
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates