OK guys, lets get talking!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Boston Red Sox

OK guys, lets get talking!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

OK guys, lets get talking!!

Postby HYLRedSox » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:11 am

With the deals the sox have made, and guys falling into place, what was once the Achille's Heel of this team now could be its strength - yea you know what I'm talking about. The "What the hell was Epstein thinking? He should go back to the playground" Boston Red Sox bullpen! Now that the offense has relocated its groove after 2 stagnant games right after the break, things are looking better than ever. Pedro is, well, Pedro, and Lowe looked great tonigh with 8 solid innings (in true, Derek Lowe, hit it on the ground fashion, I might add). I know they toy with our hearts and emotions year after year, but this year I am really begining to get excited. I just want to know what other Sox fans are thinking. I think the Saurbeck trade is great, and look for Epstein to stand put. I would continue but I would probably jinx everything....
HYLRedSox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:28 am

I'm not quite sold on the latest trade yet. Sure, I like Sauerbeck, but the way the Sox handled Lyon seems a bit strange. It almost feels as if they see something about him (a flaw in his mechanics, perhaps) that most others don't. Just speculating, of course, but the situation has seemed odd for a while. At any rate, you have to like Sauerbeck's style, although the way his k/bb ratio has dropped this year is concerning. 70/27 in 62 ip to 32/25 in 40 is a pretty dramatic drop-off.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:38 am

They really solidified the pitching holes that they had over the offseason without messing with their awesome hitting. If Manny and Nomar can stay happy, then they will have a great year.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Return to Boston Red Sox