So how do I improve my team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

So how do I improve my team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So how do I improve my team?

Postby Diamond Miners » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:09 pm

Keeper League - 2nd Year - 8 keepers
10 Teams - 8x8 - Head-to-Head - 23 Players (expanding to 12 next year)
Pitching: ERA, WHIP, K/9, W, S, H, HR, K
Batting: AVG, OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB, K, A

C- R.Hernandez(Bal-C) 1B- T.Helton(Col-1B) 2B- R.Weeks(Mil-2B) SS- M.Young(Tex-SS) 3B- D.Wright(NYM-3B) 3OF- J.Bay(Pit-OF), M.Cabrera(Fla-3B/OF), V.Guerrero(LAA-OF) Util- L.Berkman(Hou-1B/OF)
Bench- J.Reyes(NYM-SS), R.Howard(Phi-1B), J.Hermida(Fla-OF), D.Young(TB-OF), M.Giles(Atl-2B), N.Swisher(Oak-1B,OF)

2SP- J.Peavy(SD-SP), J.Papelbon(Bos-SP/RP) 2RP- B.Lidge(Hou-RP), D.Turnbow(Mil-RP) 2P- T.Hoffman(SD-RP), M.Gonzalez(Pit-RP)
Bench- J.Schmidt(SF-SP), D.Davis(Mil-SP), C.Zambrano(ChC-SP)

So what do you think? Where do I improve?

And do you agree as of right now my 8 keepers would be:
M.Young, D.Wright, J.Bay, Vlad, Lidge, Peavy, Cabrera and Berkman?
Diamond Miners
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby D-Store » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:59 pm

I would put Ryan Howard in your line-up since Helton is on the DL. And drop Mike Gonzalez, he's not getting saves and you have awsome closers anyway. Scan the FA list for a decent starter. Gustavo Chacin will be a nice surprise this year.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=201600
D-Store
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Laean » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:39 pm

i would keep howard over lidge.

you got great hitting, i'd try to trade some of that for aces.

if you want to keep lidge instead of howard, trade howard for an ace. in a keeper league, he should command a lot of value.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1567285#1567285
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Diamond Miners » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:49 pm

D-Store wrote:I would put Ryan Howard in your line-up since Helton is on the DL. And drop Mike Gonzalez, he's not getting saves and you have awsome closers anyway. Scan the FA list for a decent starter. Gustavo Chacin will be a nice surprise this year.

yes of course, I just copied my team from another forum I post at and didn't make the obvious changes. Helton went straight to the DL with Berkman moving to 1B and whatever I need in the UTIL role (power, speed, avg)

And Chacin is gone (by a blue jays fan in the draft). I actually have been looking at adding Oswalt (even though they are saying he's going to retire after his current contract). But there really are not any names on the FA list worth grabbing, at least not over the players I have now. And with 8 categories, I'm not to worried about how many Ws I get from my starting pitchers.

As for keeping Howard over Lidge. That might be, specially if Lidge struggles all season. But then again Howard can not hit lefties. (.090 batting avg last season I believe)
Diamond Miners
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Laean » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:40 am

Diamond Miners wrote:
D-Store wrote:I would put Ryan Howard in your line-up since Helton is on the DL. And drop Mike Gonzalez, he's not getting saves and you have awsome closers anyway. Scan the FA list for a decent starter. Gustavo Chacin will be a nice surprise this year.

yes of course, I just copied my team from another forum I post at and didn't make the obvious changes. Helton went straight to the DL with Berkman moving to 1B and whatever I need in the UTIL role (power, speed, avg)

And Chacin is gone (by a blue jays fan in the draft). I actually have been looking at adding Oswalt (even though they are saying he's going to retire after his current contract). But there really are not any names on the FA list worth grabbing, at least not over the players I have now. And with 8 categories, I'm not to worried about how many Ws I get from my starting pitchers.

As for keeping Howard over Lidge. That might be, specially if Lidge struggles all season. But then again Howard can not hit lefties. (.090 batting avg last season I believe)

even without being able to hit lefties, he was on a 40 homer pace last year with good avg. in this 2nd season (this season) he's already going at like 5th round. and he's just a kid, it's not like he's been in the league for 5 years and never learned to hit lefties. the phillies platooned utley until half way through last season when they traded polanco, because they were convinced he wouldn't be productive because he can't hit lefties. where is utley being taken in drafts now? there's no ceiling on howard yet. he can be as good as ortiz, given a few years. at worst, i think he'll be sexson.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Diamond Miners » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:53 pm

even so, it will be an expansion to 12 teams. And if the only pitcher I keep is Peavy my bullpen will suffer. Add to the fact that my league overvalues Ks for pitchers every so slightly. Counting both K and K/9. But it will be a tough call, basically it will probably come down to which player can I get the best value draft pick next year in return.
Diamond Miners
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team