Sheffield - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Sheffield

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kugino » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:45 am

i'm planning on sitting sheff...but i guess we'll see if he's penciled in...i was wondering why they pinch ran for him so early in the game...
kugino
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Krunk City King$ » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:38 am

kugino wrote:i'm planning on sitting sheff...but i guess we'll see if he's penciled in...i was wondering why they pinch ran for him so early in the game...

and after he stole a base...

;-D :-D

yeah i forgot that they played a day game yesterday....

it looks like it could rain monday. i will bet that he gets two days off....sunday and monday (but i hope not). and he will probably pinch hit on monday if they get the game in.

I have foreseen it...

:-°
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby flowbee » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:47 pm

Giambi hitting in the 3-spot today, Arod cleanup
flowbee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Shef may have a broken Hamate bone

Postby jsuga22 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:10 pm

ESPN is reporting that Gary Sheffield has been sent for more tests on his injured left hand. The Yankees fear he's suffered a broken hamate bone.
A broken hamate bone is usually a four- to six-week injury and could result in a loss of power after he returns. At the moment, Sheffield remains listed as day-to-day.

Who would replace him ... Bernie in the OF?
jsuga22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gbill2004 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:40 pm

Per Rotoworld (Sheff is okay):

An MRI of Gary Sheffield's left hand came back negative, and he remains listed as day-to-day with a bruise.
Sheffield also has a bruised right knee. It might be that he'll miss a few more days, but fantasy leaguers will likely want to keep him active this week.
gbill2004
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FantasyBandit » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:20 pm

It may be a broken bone. I hope not. I have this guy in 3 leagues. But espn news just had it on again now. Oh boy that would just ____! But as a met fan i would say HA HA
FantasyBandit
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gbill2004 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:40 pm

FantasyBandit wrote:It may be a broken bone. I hope not. I have this guy in 3 leagues. But espn news just had it on again now. Oh boy that would just ____! But as a met fan i would say HA HA

Uhm...did you read my post right before yours? Sheff is fine - results came back negative.
gbill2004
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FantasyBandit » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:44 pm

i did read it and they as of 6.20 pm est on espn "Not a repeat" said they still believe that the bone may be broken. I have read the reports of a clear mri but the reports i read was before that news i saw. Did espn news make an error? maybe but we will see.
FantasyBandit
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gbill2004 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:38 pm

FantasyBandit wrote:i did read it and they as of 6.20 pm est on espn "Not a repeat" said they still believe that the bone may be broken. I have read the reports of a clear mri but the reports i read was before that news i saw. Did espn news make an error? maybe but we will see.

ESPN did not make an error, they just don't have the latest news.
gbill2004
College Coach
College Coach

Postby schmidty » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:43 pm

gbill2004 wrote:Per Rotoworld (Sheff is okay):

An MRI of Gary Sheffield's left hand came back negative, and he remains listed as day-to-day with a bruise.
Sheffield also has a bruised right knee. It might be that he'll miss a few more days, but fantasy leaguers will likely want to keep him active this week.

:-° I have Sheff on my 1st place H2H team, and have been lucky avoiding injuries so far. Picked on Hawpe from FA pool just to be safe. Sheff's been putting up his usual first-rate numbers -- that broken hand thing sounded bad, but a few bruises and maybe a little time off is something I'm sure all Sheff fans (and Yankee fans) will gladly take. :-)
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates