David if loving you is wrong then I don't want to be Wright - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David if loving you is wrong then I don't want to be Wright

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bronxxbomber » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:46 am

mikekim2121 wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:
mikekim2121 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:MCab was amazing throughout, but I think he is starting to show that he isn't in the same class as Pujols, and he's not a Manny clone either, he might not have the power that either of those two do.

Why isn't he in the same class as Manny in terms of power? I'm going to compare Manny's first 5 seasons (1938 AB's) to Miguel's first 4 (2106).

Manny 134 doubles, 109 HRs, 372 RBIs
Miguel 145 doubles, 104 HRs, 404 RBIs

I know Manny's got 168 more AB's but its not like Miguel is hitting in a hitters park. What is odd is that Miguel had more power at home than on the road this year but I think its probably a fluke.

I don't see how you can say he doesn't have the power of Manny at this point.

About Miguel's contract, this is going to be his first arbitration year. So he'll have 3 more seasons until he hits the open market. I really hope they don't lock him up early just to see what kind of bidding war he opens up.
Manny compiled those numbers at Jacob's Field which is arguably tougher to hit in than Dolphin Stadium. Just remember Cleveland stadium is absolutely a pitcher's park.

Manny only played 13 games in Cleveland Stadium. Jacobs Field opened in 1994. I know Jacobs Field favors pitchers as well but its not like its Petco or anything.

I am not arguing that Cabrera is heads and shoulders above Manny in terms of power, I am just saying you can't say they are not comparable in that regard.
lol, I actually meant Jacob's field although (I forget the old stadium was called Cleveland Stadium).
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:22 pm

mikekim2121 wrote:I was slightly exaggerating but he was really up to about 280 I think. He's about 6'2" I think.

You can just tell by looking at footage of him when he was in the WS his rookie year and seeing him now.

Miguel Cabrera was never up to 300 are you crazy? Not even 280. I dont care about your "i can tell by looking at him", that means absolultley nothing. Hes listed as 210, and probably only managed to get up to around 245-250 tops.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:28 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
mikekim2121 wrote:I was slightly exaggerating but he was really up to about 280 I think. He's about 6'2" I think.

You can just tell by looking at footage of him when he was in the WS his rookie year and seeing him now.

Miguel Cabrera was never up to 300 are you crazy? Not even 280. I dont care about your "i can tell by looking at him", that means absolultley nothing. Hes listed as 210, and probably only managed to get up to around 245-250 tops.

Yeah I doubt he was even 245... Fat weighs less than muscle and Miggy was not muscles... :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mikekim2121 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:13 pm

Yoda wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:

Yeah I doubt he was even 245... Fat weighs less than muscle and Miggy was not muscles... :-D

Actually he was in spring training. He was up to about 280. I saw it in numerous newspaper articles right around May and June which was when he finally got down to his normal playing weight around 250. I would provide a link but its kinda hard to find a specific newspaper article when I'm not sure which ones I read it in. In those articles he talked about

If you think he weighs anything near his listed weight of 210, you are not very good at judging weight. That listed weight is probably 3 years old as I doubt they weigh in every year to update it like a boxer would.

Have you ever seen Bobby Jenks? He's "listed" at 280 and he does look a lot fatter than him but thats partially due to him having a fat face.

Look at Broxton with his 288 listed weight. Are you saying Miguel in spring training was significantly thinner?
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers