David if loving you is wrong then I don't want to be Wright - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David if loving you is wrong then I don't want to be Wright

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:31 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:Does anyone know Cabrera's contract situation, and maybe if hell be able to go seek other options on the free agent market or will he likely sign with florida. Just wondering, cuz i dont see him ever hitting 40 in dolphins stadium.
He's got a many years before he hits open market, but he'll be locked up well before that. MCab is the Marlin franchise.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikekim2121 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:57 pm

pokerplaya wrote:MCab was amazing throughout, but I think he is starting to show that he isn't in the same class as Pujols, and he's not a Manny clone either, he might not have the power that either of those two do.

Why isn't he in the same class as Manny in terms of power? I'm going to compare Manny's first 5 seasons (1938 AB's) to Miguel's first 4 (2106).

Manny 134 doubles, 109 HRs, 372 RBIs
Miguel 145 doubles, 104 HRs, 404 RBIs

I know Manny's got 168 more AB's but its not like Miguel is hitting in a hitters park. What is odd is that Miguel had more power at home than on the road this year but I think its probably a fluke.

I don't see how you can say he doesn't have the power of Manny at this point.

About Miguel's contract, this is going to be his first arbitration year. So he'll have 3 more seasons until he hits the open market. I really hope they don't lock him up early just to see what kind of bidding war he opens up.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mikekim2121 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:05 am

TB13 wrote:Oh, and IMO, Wright's steals are getting overblown. I do not see a consistenty 20 base stealer. I see someone who will hover right around 15.

;-D ;-D

bronxxbomber wrote: Anyway, MCab was the better player this season, but I don't know if I could say he was much more valuable (if he is) than Wright.

Look at any player rater (espn, yahoo, tsn, etc). They all have Cabrera higher. So its obvious that there isnt a debate about if Cabrera was more valuable than Wright.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:58 am

mikekim2121 wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:MCab was amazing throughout, but I think he is starting to show that he isn't in the same class as Pujols, and he's not a Manny clone either, he might not have the power that either of those two do.

Why isn't he in the same class as Manny in terms of power? I'm going to compare Manny's first 5 seasons (1938 AB's) to Miguel's first 4 (2106).

I know Manny's got 168 more AB's but its not like Miguel is hitting in a hitters park. What is odd is that Miguel had more power at home than on the road this year but I think its probably a fluke.

About Miguel's contract, this is going to be his first arbitration year. So he'll have 3 more seasons until he hits the open market. I really hope they don't lock him up early just to see what kind of bidding war he opens up.
Manny compiled those numbers at Jacob's Field which is arguably tougher to hit in than Dolphin Stadium. Just remember Cleveland stadium is absolutely a pitcher's park.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikekim2121 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:03 am

bronxxbomber wrote:
mikekim2121 wrote:

Manny compiled those numbers at Jacob's Field which is arguably tougher to hit in than Dolphin Stadium. Just remember Cleveland stadium is absolutely a pitcher's park.

Manny only played 13 games in Cleveland Stadium. Jacobs Field opened in 1994. I know Jacobs Field favors pitchers as well but its not like its Petco or anything.

I am not arguing that Cabrera is heads and shoulders above Manny in terms of power, I am just saying you can't say they are not comparable in that regard.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:49 am

mikekim2121 wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:
mikekim2121 wrote:

Manny only played 13 games in Cleveland Stadium. Jacobs Field opened in 1994. I know Jacobs Field favors pitchers as well but its not like its Petco or anything.

I am not arguing that Cabrera is heads and shoulders above Manny in terms of power, I am just saying you can't say they are not comparable in that regard.

MCab = young Manny. They are extremely comparable IMO. Barring any catastrophic failure, you should see Manny type seasons for MCab.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:40 pm

Yoda wrote:MCab = young Manny. They are extremely comparable IMO. Barring any catastrophic failure, you should see Manny type seasons for MCab.
;-D ;-D
Or better. People forget that M-Cab is only 23. He'll be 24 at the start of next year.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby mikekim2121 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:30 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Yoda wrote:MCab = young Manny. They are extremely comparable IMO. Barring any catastrophic failure, you should see Manny type seasons for MCab.
;-D ;-D
Or better. People forget that M-Cab is only 23. He'll be 24 at the start of next year.

I think its still a very legimate comparison. M-cab just needs to chill on the eating. He was almost 300 lbs at the end of spring training. To put that into perspective, that's the avg weight of the Denver Broncos offensive line.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:33 pm

mikekim2121 wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
;-D ;-D

I think its still a very legimate comparison. M-cab just needs to chill on the eating. He was almost 300 lbs at the end of spring training. To put that into perspective, that's the avg weight of the Denver Broncos offensive line.

300lbs??? How tall is he??? 8-o
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby mikekim2121 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:22 am

I was slightly exaggerating but he was really up to about 280 I think. He's about 6'2" I think.

You can just tell by looking at footage of him when he was in the WS his rookie year and seeing him now.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers