who do you consider untouchable? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

who do you consider untouchable?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:16 pm

If anyone is truly untouchable I would say Pujols, as would just about everybody. There is really no one else that stands out. Maybe Hafner, but even he hasn't homered in 12 straight games. Schilling is tops in Ws and Ks, but he's an injury risk, so owners might be willing to part with him. Ortiz might be considered untouchable because he's doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing and everyone knows what he will do. Other than that, maybe Papelbon or Thome would be rather difficult to get right now, but even they have some drawbacks. Papelbon being so young and Thome and his back. So I guess my long post just reiterates what everyone else has said...no one is untouchable.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby looptid » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:19 am

Lepers?
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sinicalypse » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:53 am

well for me personally, when i have either of my two favorite players, i dont move them at all. vladimir guerrero and carlos zambrano.

chuckles i dont really gravitate towards other than the draft, but vlad i'll usually make an offer early of someone like a manny or ortiz, knowing i'll lose out on RBIs and stuff, more htan likely, but i always see it like hey win or lose i like to stick with the guy who i have three jerseys of =D

edit: oh and this year i essentially traded soriano for shelton and crede. keep in mind i have brandon phillips proudly manning 2B. he's pretty damned hot right now, but he was purported to be a hot prospect in the expos system a few years back, i believe he was traded to cleveland in 2002 along with cliff lee in the bartolo colon trade (a total raping of the expos farm systme by shapiro, as lee and phillips were the pride of the fam system at the time)

phillips never did well in cleveland, and with incumbant ronnie belliard he never got a shot. cinci nabbed him despite having womack signed to play 2nd and also having freel able to play 2nd, hell felipe lopez could play 2nd as well... but they got him, plugged him in, and he's at like .350/3/23/3 right now

hey .290/20/75/20 would be a total blessing, and i thik thats entirely possible with him. thats a potent reds lineup with young studs like f-lopez, freel, dunn, kearns, etc. those #s are prolly less than what soriano's got going on at the end of hte year, but i think factoring in that technically i'm putting up shelton and crede against soriano (this league has crazy depth, in addition to the infield positions there's an extra CI and MI position) and brandon phillips is just there to basically hopefulyl kind of offset 75% of soriano so basically i just turned him into two productive players.

i think this is hte year crede pulls out .300/25/90, btw , he's had it in him for awhile. absolute peak for him is .320/35/110, but realistically .300/25/90 sounds good for him, a man you can maybe still get for free right now in som eleagues
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:01 pm

Join my league. Im trying to trade Shelton for a top tier player like Soriano.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Zito is God » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:21 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:Join my league. Im trying to trade Shelton for a top tier player like Soriano.

I was thinking the exact same thing..lets make that a money league while we're at it too allright? :-)

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:30 pm

I'm very high on Bonderman and Gomes this year on my team. They aren't exactly untouchable but I do not think its likely anyone in our very competitive league is going to match what I would ask for them.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bronxxbomber » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:40 pm

I don't like to think people are untouchable, but I know that any of the guys who I kept last year (Wright, Beltran, Hafner, Carpenter, Oswalt) are very close to it. Sure I can deal if the price is right, but there aren't many people who would pay that price. And I'd be lying to if I said I would trade them for less than they're worth. Shoot, that's what the surrounding guys (Gomes, Giambi, J. Patterson, Duke) are there for; to deal if I need something. Really, the only exception to this is if I trade one of those guys and it guarentees me first (I play in a money league).
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HunterValentyne » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:47 pm

i am a personal fan of tons of top tier starting pitching, so Halliday, Santana, Pedro, etc would be untouchable in my book because its harder to get great starting pitching than hitting in my opinion. It comes down to personal choice i guess
HunterValentyne
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers