Jeff Kent - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeff Kent

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeff Kent

Postby YardBirds » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:06 am

is just 4/43 after being hit in the head by a Brad Hennessey change up. He complained of blurriness in his left eye.. haven't heard much else about it. Do you guys think its still bothering him?

Before being beaned in the head... he had hit a respectable.. 11/42...

l have to think that he is still having sight problems or maybe just gun shy to get in the box after what happened. What do you guys think? Will this affect him all season?
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:21 am

This is the first year I ever drafted Jeff Kent and I based it on his remarkable consistency. Of course this year it looks like his fall-off is as steep as Steve Finley's was last year. I haven't heard anything about the blurriness, but that's an interesting stat. I hope it's not bothering him and I would like to know 'cause in the meantime he is killing my team batting average, has no trade value, and is "too good of a player" to drop.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beezer » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:44 pm

I too drafted him for the first time because of his consistency. He is killing all his owners right now, but, I think he will come around. There is no way he falls off a cliff, just too good of a hitter. I don't think the beaning has anything to do with it. I'm sure he has been hit in the head before, he is NOT gun shy.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nuggets » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:53 pm

Pronk was off after he was hit in the head as well...then he went crazy. I'd expect him to be himself by the AS break or earlier.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:59 pm

nuggets wrote:Pronk was off after he was hit in the head as well...then he went crazy. I'd expect him to be himself by the AS break or earlier.

That's quite a while to wait for a guy. Hopefully it'll be more like a few weeks.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:18 pm

I just traded for him in a buy-low type scenario. Here's to him turning around. ;-D
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby beezer » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:26 pm

It will happen, no doubt.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Laean » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:25 pm

i checked his splits, and in previous seasons he'd have a month or two of .200 hitting. i'm thinking he's just getting that out of the way early on this season.

however, i did not know about that eye blurriness thing, and that does make me worry a bit now. i don't have him anyway, but was thinking about buying low on him. like edmonds 4 kent or something.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby paiger » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:44 pm

HiddenIdentity wrote:I just traded for him in a buy-low type scenario. Here's to him turning around. ;-D

that IMO, would be the way to play it...
paiger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers