Miguel Tejada - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Miguel Tejada

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Miguel Tejada

Postby Sensei » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:50 am

BALTIMORE (AP) -- On a night in which Miguel Tejada set a team record for hits in April, the Baltimore Orioles shortstop received an injury that could jeopardize a far more impressive accomplishment.
Tejada hyperextended his left knee while chasing down a foul ball in fifth inning of the Baltimore's 5-2 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Friday night. He remained in the game long enough to hit his sixth home run (giving him 41 hits for the month), then left in the
"I'll listen to the trainer. They know everything about injuries," Tejada said. "I'll wait until tomorrow to see how I feel."
Orioles trainer Richie Bancells said it was too early to determine if the injury would keep Tejada in the dugout.
The injury occurred when Tejada was running down a foul ball hit by Carl Everett.
"All of a sudden I feel my leg going straight. That's why I went down," Tejada said. "At first, I was really scared. I was thinking it was my whole leg. Then, after I get up, I felt like I could keep playing." But Tejada still hopes to play Saturday. "If I don't have anything broke I'm going to be in the lineup," he said. "I'm hoping I'll be able to play 100 percent. I'm going to try. I want to keep playing."

Anyone heard more on this? I haven't had a backup simply because of his streak, expected 162 games out of him this year.
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:36 am

He was looking pretty gimpy on his HR trot. I haven't heard anything this AM, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him resting.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby pigskinnhorsehide » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:18 am

I've been trying to deal Barmes because of Tejada's consistency. Although it doesn't sound too serious, I wouldn't be surprised if Tejada does sit today. Barmes...Grab a bat!!
pigskinnhorsehide
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates