Cubs aquire lofton and a. ramirez from pittsburg - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cubs aquire lofton and a. ramirez from pittsburg

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chinch sacs » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:54 pm

yeah, whats up with yahoo, the are putting accents over like every vowel if the players name is, Ramirez or Gonzalez... getting down with the heritage... !+)
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:59 pm

chinch sacs wrote:yeah, whats up with yahoo, the are putting accents over like every vowel if the players name is, Ramirez or Gonzalez... getting down with the heritage... !+)

As I posted in earlier today, i wish they'd get rid of it, cuz if u do a search for ara, you won't get aramis...

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby GSes » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:03 pm

Ya and they put it on players who dont have accents for example

Eric Chavez has no accent nor does Bartolo Colon.

Here is what scares me, I have stat tracker and players like Chavez who were changed with accents but dont really have them, well there STATS DONT SHOW UP. It said chavez/colon benched.

This accent thing is screwing things up and yahoo better get it straight.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benjapage » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:15 pm

colon should have an accent, or his name would be pronounced like the english term for the ass-organ.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby tal1286 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:25 pm

so now that the cubs have upgraded their offense midseason for the first time EVER. (praise the lord. filling needs is what it takes.) what does this do to moises alou's value? he's been getting hot. does this raise the value even more??? can you smell a world series? haha didn't think so. oh well you can always hope.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby quickfingerz » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:01 am

I hate those accent things! The university I attend uses multi-language computers running NT where you can't change settings. The accent things change to non alphabetic characters.
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:58 am

I think with the addition of Ramirez's bat and Lofton's speed, the Cubs are looking really good now. Good rotation, some solid oomph to their lineup... the Cubs might make the playoffs if they play hard here on out. It's not as if Houston or St.Louis have been particularly dominant.

By the way, look at the front page picture on http://www.mlb.com. How did Aramis know to slip the webmaster a little extra so as to get a decent picture?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby demoflauchy » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:23 am

So what is the cubbies lineup going to be? Will they start both Ramirez and Loften?

With Goodwin out, I'm sure Loften will take his place...What about Ramirez? It's bound to help both of their fantasy value, we'll see...
demoflauchy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby IchiBalls » Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:40 am

I'm really starting to wonder if the Mariners shouldn't fire Pat Gillick. He's been saying that he's been looking for a third baseman but there just aren't any out there. 2 prospects and Jose Hernandez for Lofton and Ramirez is a friggin' steal! The Mariners could've done that trade. Those two guys would've been a big help to them. Aaargh! :-t
IchiBalls
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:26 pm

Well Cubbie, looks like your boys are trying! ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers