Frasor gets sent down, McGowan gets called up.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Frasor gets sent down, McGowan gets called up..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Frasor gets sent down, McGowan gets called up..

Postby mweir145 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:34 am

What does everyone think of this?

Frasor has been one of our most consistent relievers for the better part of 2 years now, but he gets sent down after a month of struggling. Was this the right decision to make? It seems to me that JP got a little impatient with him. Hopefully he'll be back soon, it seems to me he just has to work on his control.

As for McGowan, well we'll see if he can repeat the same success as a reliever that he had last year.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:44 am

The explanation that I heard JP give is that there is a problem with his mechanics and it is something that he needs playing time to work out. So far this year he has only gotten 9 IP which isn't enough and I don't want him working out his problems in real games when we are tied for first. Send him down and let him work it out against live batters in real games that don't affect our standings. Sound like he is first in line to get brought up when he has it worked out.

As for McGowan - I'm not crazy about bringing him up to sit on the bench. I want him to get a lot of innings in Syracuse. He was only 1-1 with a 5.11 ERA in AAA. Nothing magical.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:43 pm

I think it was a good thing that they sent Frasor down. He was really struggling... :,-( I like Frasor a lot, to the point that I didn't want the Jays to go after a closer this off-season and let him close the games. I'm glad that did not happen. :-)

Speier has been a nice surprise for me, he's having a good season so far. As for McGowan...I dunno if this was the right time to call him up, but it's not like they have better options IMO. He did great coming out of the pen last year, so I guess they are betting he will be able to keep it up this year.

I didn't catch the beginning of the game today...but by the numbers Towers had another stinker. :-t
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby D-Store » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:38 pm

McGowan has been stinking it up in the minors so bad they moved him into a middle relief role. Don't expect him to join the rotation, the Jays have already stated they they no longer consider him a prospect.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=201600
D-Store
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Renegades Of Funk » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:24 pm

That's funny, considering that McGowan is one of Toronto's better young pitchers. Then again, he did get lit up yesterday.
Souvenez-vous les Expos!
Renegades Of Funk
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bdrotoronto » Mon May 01, 2006 11:38 pm

I just like that this old signature has some value again.. :-B
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby flying27 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:28 pm

D-Store wrote:McGowan has been stinking it up in the minors so bad they moved him into a middle relief role. Don't expect him to join the rotation, the Jays have already stated they they no longer consider him a prospect.

You know I have said to many people McGowan is no longer a prospect and everybody mocks and ridicules me for saying that. Yet you say even the Jays say this. It is good to hear somebody else can see the obvious others are too blind to see.
flying27
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:20 pm

flying27 wrote:
D-Store wrote:McGowan has been stinking it up in the minors so bad they moved him into a middle relief role. Don't expect him to join the rotation, the Jays have already stated they they no longer consider him a prospect.

You know I have said to many people McGowan is no longer a prospect and everybody mocks and ridicules me for saying that. Yet you say even the Jays say this. It is good to hear somebody else can see the obvious others are too blind to see.

He's still only 24, but yeah it would be nice to see him build on his potential sooner or later.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Toronto Blue Jays