Furcal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Furcal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Furcal

Postby baseball6791 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:01 am

I was about to pull the trigger on a trade for him, but it seems as if there is some new info regarding an injury (sholdur) anyone have the scoop?

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby number9 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:40 am

Doesn't look good.
Nagging injuries to his right shoulder and the middle finger on his left hand have contributed to Furcal's slow start with the bat as well as the glove. He is batting .202 and is hitless in his last 14 at-bats. He has scored 14 runs largely because he has drawn 13 walks.

"The team needs me on base, and I don't feel right," he said. "So I'm taking more walks."

The finger injury — which he said is all but healed — has been especially bothersome when batting.

"I couldn't hold the bat with two hands," he said. "I couldn't finish my swing."

He believes the shoulder injury was caused by altering his swing because of the sore finger. Furcal's physical problems began before the season when he had minor knee surgery that forced him to begin spring training late.
http://dodgerthoughts.baseballtoaster.c ... 60232.html

Someone dropped Peralta in my league, so I picked him up and dropped Furcal. My SB is going to take a hit, so I'll need to make that up later in the season somehow..
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rentz » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:26 am

i made a move for furcal last week, and so far im dissapointed, but its a long season. i feel i got him low. holliday and c wilson, and then he turned and dropped wilson a few days later.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mile High Ballers » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:23 pm

So Furcal is certainly starting out slower than usual. At least he has an injury/ excuse to merit his lack o production... Luckily in my league guys like H. Ramirez and O. Cabrera were hanging on the WW and are great stop gaps. Furcal's health issues will improve and If you need the SB's out of him as I do, ya gotta have some faith. I personally am also a bit frustrated with him, but thats why fantasy is so fun and interesting .... Peace!!
Mile High Ballers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates