That sound you just heard was Harden' s value... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

That sound you just heard was Harden' s value...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheRock » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:58 am

Let me borrow a line from a real class act...

AT wrote:Everyone who knew better than to draft Harden this year point and laugh. He does this every year and so do a handful of other pitchers... *Sings that song "When will you ever learn...."*
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

When Is Colon back????

Postby Guzman24 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:28 am

First Colon, then Burnett, Now Harden. When the heck will it end for my pitching staff?!?!?!

:~(
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:08 am

TheRock wrote:Let me borrow a line from a real class act...

AT wrote:Everyone who knew better than to draft Harden this year point and laugh. He does this every year and so do a handful of other pitchers... *Sings that song "When will you ever learn...."*

well that's just dumb.

this is only 3 starts into his 3rd full seaon.
two years ago he threw nearly 200 innings, his first full season.
he throws 100 and has absouletly filthy breaking stuff.

this he "he does this every year" stuff is garbage.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby WyldStallyn » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:27 pm

this really hurts my keeper team. im currently in 2nd place fighting for 1st, but i have helton, crisp, now harden on the dl, with only 1 dl slot. i still have pedro and buehrle as my starters, but this is getting rediculous. am i gonna lose a closer next?
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby checkers » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:13 pm

WyldStallyn wrote:this really hurts my keeper team. im currently in 2nd place fighting for 1st, but i have helton, crisp, now harden on the dl, with only 1 dl slot. i still have pedro and buehrle as my starters, but this is getting rediculous. am i gonna lose a closer next?

What you want is what you get...!!! ;-D
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Burt » Mon May 01, 2006 1:13 am

WyldStallyn wrote:this really hurts my keeper team. im currently in 2nd place fighting for 1st, but i have helton, crisp, now harden on the dl, with only 1 dl slot. i still have pedro and buehrle as my starters, but this is getting rediculous. am i gonna lose a closer next?

Huff, Harden, Patterson, Sabathia, Lowry and Escobar are all on my team. :-[
Burt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby WyldStallyn » Mon May 01, 2006 10:21 am

Burt wrote:

Huff, Harden, Patterson, Sabathia, Lowry and Escobar are all on my team. :-[

add brian roberts to my list :-o i dont even have any guys on my bench to fill in for him. and crosby playing every other day isnt helpling me out either. on the flip side, im in 1st place by 5 points now. thank god for the hot streaks of crede, nick johnson, and catalanotto. i dont have any pitcher to just drop to pick up a position guy, so im trying to trade for a cano/weeks type player to fill in. but this is getting really frustrating . we have bad luck burt
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby rainman23 » Mon May 01, 2006 12:27 pm

Thursday wrote:God, are you guys JOKING? This happens EVERY YEAR! I purposely avoided him like the plague this season, i KNEW he'd get hurt, he does it every year! Yet he goes in the 3rd-4th round EVERY year.

I swear that i am the only person who sees this.

Well, yeah, it's easy for you to be the expert on things that are only happening in your own head. This was the first year that anyone was drafting Harden in the 3rd or 4th round. And I'll confess I don't recall whether Harden did a DL trip in 2004, but I do know that it was last year that his injury problems really came to the forefront. He had injuries last year, now he's had one this year. Your EVERY YEARs are ignorant.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates